Principal Engineer - Cloud Specialist with AZ certs
Posted on Dec 22, 2020 by Schuback Search Associates
Leading Atlanta area company has an immediate need for a Principal Engineer-Cloud Specialist. This is a permanent position.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related analytical field, or equivalent experience.
- MUST have AZ 301 and AZ 300 Azure Cloud Certifications.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in configuring and using PaaS offerings (like WebApp, Azure Database services, Azure Kubernetes, Azure DataLake, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with using, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting network infrastructure connecting to Azure Public Cloud Provider, including a deep understanding of and experience with Cloud Infrastructure (VNETs, subnets, Network Security Groups, route tables, ACLs); authentication policies, DNS, cloud storage and domain management.
- Strong demonstrated experience in Azure Security Center, Azure Key Vault, Log Analytics, and Azure Databricks.
- Experience in setting up enterprise-level account structures and security models in Azure.
- Proven and demonstrated knowledge of depth knowledge of cloud-based delivery models.
- Experience developing cybersecurity solutions across a diverse and heterogeneous IT environment.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing security controls, including access control, privileged access management, data security, network security, data loss prevention, cloud security, vulnerability management, configuration management, privacy, and audits
- Build automation handling large numbers of diverse systems with configuration management and automation systems like Azure DevOps (VSTS,) Docker and Terraform
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience with communicating with other teams via calls, chats, and email
- Hands-on experience writing effective terraform scripts
- Hands-on experience with Azure Resource Templates based on best practices
- Hands-on experience with Azure policies
- Hands-on experience migrating Apps to the cloud
- Experience with big data clustering technologies (Hadoop, Spark, HDInsight, EMR, etc.).
- Provide oversight and experience with your strong understanding of Cloud services, DevSecOps toolsets and platforms including compute, storage, networking, Security, Kubernetes, service mesh, CI/CD as well as monitoring and logging technologies.
- Define and drive automation framework for Cloud infrastructure provisioning and configuration management, self-service, Infrastructure-as-Code services, Auto Scale initiatives, and DevOps deployment and drive cloud strategy to move towards IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud models.
- Define and develop establish architectural standards that promote DevOps practices such as infrastructure as a code and continuous automated integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) and optimizing solution architectures to manage costs and identify cost control mechanisms.
- Provide expertise and serve as Subject Matter Expert regarding Cloud for both infrastructure and applications in Microsoft Azure.
- Work with application teams with their digital transformation goals and provide cloud deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management expertise.
- Work with applications team to draft and institutionalize cloud security standards, reference architecture's, patterns, and guidelines for Cloud-native development and migrations.
- Work with the IT Security Team, Solution Architects, and Cloud Operations Team with any security-related issues that arise and maintain a log of operational activities performed.
- Develop, maintain, and drive a continuous enhancement culture for a robust knowledge management system for the Cloud Operations team and its partners.
- Establish a continuous improvement plan for Cloud Operations, including technology reviews, root cause analysis, action reports analysis, and cloud portfolio review to ensure adequate infrastructure to provide a suitable operating environment(s) for critical applications.
- Develop all aspects of the cloud migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks, and security
This company offers an EXCELLENT compensation package with great bonus program and exceptional employee benefits and incentives. Candidates must be willing to work onsite in Atlanta GA. Full relocation package is offered. There is no sub-contracting or visa sponsorship/transfer available