Data Engineer (Databricks)
Posted on Dec 20, 2020 by Thrive IT Systems Ltd
Data Engineer is required by our IT services client who has several large engagements across UK and Europe. Its a contract role in Stockholm, Sweden.
To be considered for this role you should have hands on experience in a Data Engineer role, who have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with ETL tools: SSIS, ADFExperience with big data tools like Delta Lake, Databricks
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases (Tabular and DAX)
- Power BI (M, DAX, visuals, sharing) experience
- DP-200: Implementing an Azure Data Solution and DP-201: Designing an Azure Data Solution skills
- Experience working in scrum or with scrum teams
- Experience working in customer-facing situations
- Experience with object-oriented/object function Scripting languages is beneficial: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience with DWH automation tools is beneficial: WhereScape, BimlFlex etc
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases. Experience building and optimizing big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable big data' data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Roles and Responsibilities but Not Restricted To The Following:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Qualifications: Degree preferably in Computer Science or equivalent.