Big Data Developer
Posted on Dec 20, 2020 by Sentinel
Big Data Analyst/Developer - Scala, Spark, Python
You will be based out of the Zurich office
120,000 CHF - 140,000 CHF per annum plus benefits
Sentinel are partnered with one of the leading software engineering companies in Zurich and require a Big Data Analyst/Developer to work on a data transformation programme.
The main objective on this project is to design and implement critical data sourcing from global upstream systems onto the local data platform. Responsibilities will include data discovery, preparing, reviewing, and submitting cross-data approval requests.
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for someone with a strong mix of the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years' experience working in Data and Big data projects
- Proven ability to write complex SWL queries within a data warehouse environment
- Hands on experience with Scala, Python, Hadoop & Spark
- Data warehouse platforms
- Prior banking experience desirable
As the Data Analyst/Developer, you will report directly to the Data Manager and be responsible for the following:
- Implementing data transformation pipelines on to the Big Data Platform (Spark, Scala, Python)
- Reviewing codes and designs
- Assisting the developers on establishing connectivity and automation for data sourcing
- Requirement gathering and engineering, along with data reconciliation
- Query, process, and analyse large data sets
English speaking position, German speakers desirable.
Please apply to be contacted with further information.