Senior Network Engineer (Remote)
Posted on Dec 20, 2020 by Precision System Design, Inc.
Our client in Cleveland is looking for a Lead Network Engineer with experience managing, configuring, deploying and troubleshooting F5 BigIP LTM and DNS (GTM), and iRules. This is a remote opportunity. This resource will be working with application teams to recommend and configure optimal TCP settings, persistence, and load balancing methods.
Come join an industry leader with a large, cutting edge IT shop. Apply today!
Application Delivery experience using F5 BigIP products:
Experience managing, configuring, deploying and troubleshooting F5 BigIP LTM and DNS (GTM), and iRules.
Works with application teams to recommend and configure optimal TCP settings, persistence, and load balancing methods.
Understands application deployment models and terminology, Web Server (IIS/Apache or similar) basics, including terminology and basic configuration.
Extremely strong understanding of Layers 4-7 of the OSI model.
HTTP protocol - using HTTP analysis tools (HTTPWatch, Fiddler, browser developer's tools, or similar) to diagnose application, Proxy, browser and caching behavior.
Understands Layer 2-3 networking principles required to enable load balancing including routing, interface, VLANs, and media types.
Network Analysis - Ability to use network traces to analyze and diagnose application and network problems and behavior. Includes expertise in TCP, HTTP, DNS, DHCP.
Experience with Wireshark, tcpdump preferred.
Understanding of SSL/TLS protocol, use of certificates, certificate fields and authority paths.
Experience using Scripting languages, Python preferred
Experience managing corporate DNS infrastructure utilizing Infoblox NiOS software, or similar.
Experience with Infoblox DNS appliances and NiOS software.
Strong understanding of DNS fundamentals - terminology, resolution path, record types, zone transfers, zone delegations. Understanding of DNS protocol and is able to troubleshoot DNS-related issues.
DHCP - understanding the service and the use and configuration of DHCP options.
Basic of knowledge of Splunk.
We will call qualified candidates after review.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.
REFERRALS WANTED - $ 1000 REWARD!
Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will give you $ 1000 if we find a job for that person!
(The fine print: The referred candidate must be previously unknown to us. Start date must be within 6 months of referral.)
THERE ARE MANY IT STAFFING FIRMS YOU CAN WORK WITH.
WHY WORK WITH PRECISION?
Our Clients. We work with the best.
- We are direct vendors to Fortune 500 companies across North America
- We're the top provider of contract IT professionals to many of our clients
Our Experience. We know how to sell our candidates to clients.
- We've been in business for over 20 years, and have made thousands of successful placements
Our Background. Precision is run by former IT professionals.
- We know what it is like to be an IT consultant working in a large organization.
- We actually understand your skills. We'll make sure that you are right for the job, and that the job is right for you.
Our Reputation for Quality. Clients favor Precision's candidates.
- We take the time to learn about you so that we can best match you to our openings and sell you to our clients.
- Our clients know from experience that Precision's consultants are the most qualified and the best fit for their project teams.
Our Ethics. We pride ourselves on our ethical business practices.
- We never submit your resume without your permission, and we never give your resume to other staffing companies
- We are up front about pay rates and the interviewing process, and provide you with constant feedback.
Our Responsibility. We take seriously our obligations to our consultants.
- We always pay on time
- We offer highly competitive pay rates, as well as an opportunity to participate in our group health insurance, long term disability and 401(k) plans.
- When required, we carefully manage H1-B and Green Card applications, and involve you at every step.
- We have dedicated HR personnel that will answer the phone when you call.
THE STAFFING FIRM YOU WORK WITH MATTERS.
WORK WITH PRECISION.
Overtime: straight time