Associate Director Digital Engineering
Posted on Dec 18, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Associate Director Digital Engineering for Digital Innovation. Candidate will lead people and teams by supporting their development, managing various innovation initiatives and providing technical direction across a diverse team of 10-15 product engineers, technical analysts and automation engineers. You'll need the ability to dive deep, and have a hands on approach to the team and the underlying technology stack. You'll also need to have familiarity with open technologies and modern architectural approaches. You'll lead in an agile environment where leaders typically focus 20-30% of their time building a positive, energetic culture to keep momentum moving in a positive direction.
You're someone who wants to influence your own development. You're not intimidated by technology, you know how to leverage it and partner with technical experts to build great products. You know what to do to make things happen. Your skills are broad - business, technology, user experience, leadership - and you easily transition between those regularly. You like to leverage modern tools, and a simple but organized process to keep the teams and stakeholders on track and in-line with organizational business and technical objectives. You're also comfortable in a role where you transition seamlessly between managerial activities and low level technical details, at times dropping into code to help the team meet its objectives while also keeping your skill-set sharp.
Some other things we'll expect:
- Experience working on large-scale, high volume applications
- Rapid personal pace with ability to deliver and drive results
- Deep understanding of software quality and what it takes to construct resilient and impactful solutions
- Strong mentoring capability and communication - both verbal and written
- Ability to recruit people, screen candidates and be selective
- Active involvement in setting technical and product strategy
- Passion to build strong, self-sustaining engineering teams
- Energetic, open and collaborative across all teams and roles
- Ability to practice servant leadership which is key to our success and culture
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information technology or business information systems or related field
- Extensive full stack software delivery experience (10 years or more) across multiple disciplines - hands-on development, Devops and project management..
- 5 or more years experience in a technology focused managerial role with very clear leadership attributes - ability to set direction, grow team members, set goals, prioritize and recruit talent, among others.
- Heavy exposure and implementation experience in modern technology, architecture and automation patterns.