Linux Server Engineer
Posted on Dec 18, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Zurich
My client is an international financial institution based in Basel and is currently looking to hire a Senior Linux Server Engineer as they are currently expanding.
They are offering a 6 to12 month contract with a great possibility of extension.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure best practice implementation of core server and infrastructure application technologies. To manage and evolve the existing technologies within the sphere of responsibility to ensure a secure, supportable and highly available environment. Responsible for providing a stable infrastructure, network, database and infrastructure application environment for a range of applications as assigned. Additional responsibility is to ensure the maintenance and operations of the corporate backup platform. The technologies involved are located across two remote data centres (in Zurich and Basel) with extensions to regional offices.
In addition, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining business-critical infrastructure applications and their dependencies as assigned. This includes involvement in developing forward-thinking processes ensuring the reliability and suitability to the business of these applications across various industry-leading hardware technologies. The requirement to be flexible and have a desire to learn new technologies as the role requires. Strong knowledge required of industry best practices for the systems being supported.
- Broad understanding of IT best practice and its application in a business environment.
- Sound understanding of latest trends in technology, customer and vendor management.
- Practical experience of participating in IT initiatives.
- Excellent customer management skills.
- An understanding of and an ability to follow change management procedures
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, drive and enthusiasm.
- Ability to actively work to support culture change initiatives and tackle cultural barriers.
- Good overall knowledge of the dependencies and how they interact, eg with regard to the technologies involved in core server, networking, database and application technologies
The core technical requirements are as follows
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems administration experience
- Systems management & provisioning using Red Hat Satellite 6 and Capsules
- Strong knowledge in automation using Ansible and Ansible Tower
- Configuration management using Puppet
- Knowledge in container technology and container orchestrator such as OpenShift
- Using Red Hat Identity Management
- Systems monitoring, ideally Nagios and Prometheus
- Scripting, ideally Python and Perl
- Graduate Diploma or degree or equivalent in a relevant technical discipline and/or relevant qualification in IT.
- At least five years' work experience.
- Red Hat Certified Professional
Looking forward in receiving your CV's ;)
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.