Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Dec 18, 2020 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
Dublin South Based, based onsite in Dublin.
Seeking a Customer facing Network Engineer to work with designated customers of any size to implement solutions across the WLAN/LAN/WAN Enterprise product portfolio in accordance to best practice design, installation guidelines and to end to end service delivery targets.
The primary role of the Network Engineer will be to produce and publish low level technical designs/implementation guidelines and install these solutions as contracted with the customer to best practice standards. Work closely with the Projects, Configuration and Integration teams and Enterprise Services Operations to ensure all technical documentation and knowledge transfer is completed before handing over the solution for In-life support. Assist Presales teams in realising customer opportunities through the validation of solutions that utilise the products and services that exist within the ECS and Product Portfolios.
The key deliverables for the Network Engineer are to provide expert technical support to design, implement and assure the customers network and service availability. As required review/provide high-quality, technology solutions that have been approved by the customer and all internal stakeholders. The Network Engineer is responsible for creating the relevant documentation and deploying the solution to established standards before handing over for In-life support.
Design, Deployment and Inlife
- Has strong technical expertise in a broad area covering multiple technologies. Applies expected product behaviour across industry practices. Knows how the technology is expected to work in the industry.
- Peer review Pre Sales technical solutions ensuring that the solution design provides for a straight-forward deployment and meets the Enterprise Operational standards.
- Responsible for ensuring that all designs include an appropriate Enterprise network or solution management component to support monitoring, reporting and capacity planning
- Responsible for defining and gaining sign off for low level technical design/Implementation guides for contracted solution with the customer. (internal)
- Build and stage Network/UC solutions for customer HQ, Distribution centres and branches in accordance to low level design documents.
- Support upgrading, implementation, deployment and go-live of agreed networks/Services to deliver agreed solution both inside and outside business hours as required
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven track record of building and delivering customer solutions to agreed scheduled timelines.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer interaction, written and verbal communication.
- Expert knowledge of WAN/LAN design and Routing/Switching/forwarding protocols.
- Experience of making a contribution during pre-sales/bid phases
- Ability to priorities and manage internal and external stakeholder to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Technical Skills Required
- Cisco certification level to CCIE (Highly Desirable)
- Cisco certification level to CCNP (Mandatory)
- Strong grasp of Aruba technologies
- Aruba Wireless & Clearpass experience
- HP certification to Master ASE certification or Aruba ACSP (desirable)
- Strong grasp of Firewall technologies (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto) (desirable)
- Ability to build strong internal/external relationships with key stakeholders
- Customer Focus
- Engineering Professional with 6 + years experience preferably in a large complex environment