PTTC Training and Technical Assistance (TA) Manager
Posted on Dec 10, 2020 by The Danya Institute.org
Under the direction of the Project Director (PD) of the Central East Prevention Technology Transfer Center (PTTC), the Training and Technical Assistance Manager (TAM) serves as the point of contact for all training/technical assistance (T/TA) activities for the PTTC. The TAM will work closely with Directors to leads large-scale and specialized consultation, training, and coaching efforts on substance abuse prevention interventions and other topics relevant to substance use disorders (SUDs). Responsibilities include but are not limited to: implementing quality assurance processes to ensure the provision of training and technical assistance and contract deliverables; identify key trainings to implement, design the most complex curricula, evaluate, and develop tools to better assess training and other workforce development activities; and assisting with wide-ranging project activities including, research, manage data collection, and virtual hosting. Additionally, the TAM coordinates the flow of information from multiple sources, prioritizes activities, coordinates responses, and ensures the appropriate follow-up of assigned tasks. This position is 100% funded through a contract and is contingent upon available funding.
- Managing the implementation of all or a portion of training/TA plans to ensure needs are effectively met.
- Develop strategies to ensure sustainability and training is effectively translated into practice.
- Provide prevention training as requested
- Participate in national/regional workgroups and serve as a prevention subject matter expert.
- Ensure the activities management tool is updated and accurate.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- Prepare reports, presentations, data dictionaries, literature reviews, and other work products.
- Develop and post communication material including but not limited to brochures, registration, flyers, newsletter articles, presentations, and online content.
- Assist the training/evaluation team in collecting evaluations documents (GPRA and other instruments as identified by the evaluators) to monitor continuous quality improvement
- Manage production and technical support hosting of live and on-demand webinars
- Coordinate T/TA request through a centralized system
- Proofread/edit, presentations, reports, and articles
- Research and gather information on topics of importance related to substance use disorder, prevention, treatment, and recovery.
- Assist Project Director in the development, review, modification of existing and new training curricula.
- Attend project/program meetings and capture notes for PD and stakeholders
- Lead/contribute to business development efforts
- A Master's degree in social work, psychology, public health, or related field
- Experience designing and leading research or managing projects in the areas of substance abuse prevention interventions, prevention science, or substance use disorders (SUDs).
- Preference will be given to applicants who possess a Certified Prevention Specialist Certification.
- Previous experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis, proposal writing, and project management
- Five (5) years related training experience including three (3) years providing coaching and workforce development activities related to evidence-based practices.
- Strong knowledge of social science research study design and methods
- Experience with quantitative analysis software (e.g. SPSS, Stata, SAS, R), data collection tools (e.g. REDCap, Qualtrics), qualitative analysis software (e.g. NVivo, Dedoose) MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and citation management software
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possesses a knowledge of position requirements and able to perform the position in compliance with all requirements/regulations/laws. Ability to maintain high standards with the work being performed and maintain awareness of best and promising practices. Ability to learn new information and apply it to the development of programs to ensure that training schemes are up to date and useful. Capacity to exercise initiative, resourcefulness, and sound judgment with an ability to solve problems and make informed decisions.
- Assumes personal responsibility for all outcomes; makes effective and timely decisions; and learns how to effectively use technology. Maintains productivity and uses knowledge strategies to increase knowledge base. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Strong critical thinking skills aid in assessing the strengths and weaknesses of approaches to problems and the viability of various solutions, and in helping trainees develop these skills themselves to get the most out of their experience. Skill in analyzing complex topics, policies, and procedures to prepare detailed summaries.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written information. Writes and presents information concisely. Interprets and understands written information and can listen attentively to verbal and non-verbal cues that lead to a deeper understanding. Possess excellent training and group facilitation skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others.
- Ability to operate in a team environment and be flexible in taking on and performing assignments as necessary, and establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisor, technical staff, partners, and individuals with lived experience.
- Proficiency with personal computers, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 14, 2020
Benefits include: Health, dental, vision, paid time off, and 401k contributions
Salary Range: 60k - 70k