Posted on Dec 10, 2020 by Yordas Group
To support the continued growth of our business, we are looking to secure the services of a Software Engineer for our Yordas Hive chemicals management platform, and our broader software offering (customised web applications, as well as internal staff tools).
Yordas Hive provides users with a range of chemical management applications. The Substance Database application allows users to access up to date information regarding 250,000 chemicals and more than 600 associated regulations, and new applications allow customers to integrate their own product information with Yordas Hive's regulatory knowledge. Prestigious users of the system include such names as Rolls Royce, Tesco and Toyota.
Your job as a software engineer will involve working with the development team to implement updates to existing applications, and developing entirely new applications from specification to final deployment. You will be working in a fast-paced, energetic but supportive and friendly environment with potential for shaping the future of our software.
We try to have a minimum of two people per project, although you may sometimes work on projects on your own. We share best practices across the team and gain consensus for common approaches without forcing projects to be developed in a restrictive way.
Our products are typically deployed on Linux servers but we are OS agnostic for your personal work environment you can develop locally on Windows or Mac.
The successful candidate will be employed by Yordas Digital Limited, a subsidiary of Yordas Group.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Working on new and existing Yordas applications, understanding customer expectations and translating them into software
- Liaising with the wider Yordas team to develop specifications for new applications and make improvements to existing applications
- Working with other members of the development team, you'll be helping to plan the next iterations of our applications, contributing to our work on turning new ideas and specifications into database structures, software functionality, and intuitive interfaces
- Providing support to new and existing customers and helping resolve any software issues that occur
Profile and Qualifications
- Experience with and excellent knowledge of PHP
- Good knowledge of MySQL and/or MariaDB
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and improve your development skills
- Experience of a PHP framework, especially CakePHP
- An understanding of version control systems (ideally Git), project lifecycle and Continuous Integration
- Experience of test driven development
- Participation in code reviews and providing feedback on work
- Experience of building full stack web applications, front to back
- A general understanding of Linux shell
- Experience of administering web servers
- A few years of work experience in a team working on multiple projects
We offer an excellent range of staff benefits, including:
- Pension Scheme
- Generous holidays
- Gym membership
- Professional Development
- Social Culture
- Flexible working
- Ability to buy extra leave
- Ability for travel with some positions
Interested parties should apply directly to Yordas Group by clicking apply now and providing a CV and covering letter before the closing date.
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Alex Gordon with any queries or to arrange an online discussion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or age.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£30k - £35k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£35k - £50k Annual
£30k - £50k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£30k - £50k Annual
£35k - £48k Annual
£25k - £50k Annual