Posted on Dec 3, 2020 by BUSINESS DISABILITY FORUM
London, United Kingdom
Design & Creative
We are Business Disability Forum (BDF). We believe the 26 million people in the UK and over 1 billion people worldwide with disabilities and long-term conditions enhance the social and economic health of our societies. We help remove barriers in business structures and Government that prevent disabled people from thriving and making their contribution to the world.
We are unique. There are many great disability charities and disabled persons' organisations. Our niche is our expertise in disability as it affects business.
This is a new role to support the Head of Policy and Research to deliver unique and evidence-based policy outputs. This includes supporting the writing up of written evidence submissions; desktop research on policy topics to inform debate; reworking our policy submissions into different formats for various non-policy audiences; and supporting the design of campaigns to inform and engage our members on disability inclusion as it affects businesses.
• Experience of working in a policy environment related to the economy, business, and disabled people.
• Experience of delivering clear, high quality, accurate written work to tight and fixed deadlines. These documents can be anywhere between 2,000 and 6,000 words long.
• Experience of reformatting complex ideas into different formats for non-policy audiences.
• Knowledge of disability and human rights related legislation in employment, health and work, education, and/or consumer contexts.
• Knowledge of the Government's policy agenda on disability and disabled people.
• Knowledge of current topical issues for businesses and business management.
For the full job description and person specification of this role and instructions on how to apply please visit our website below via the button below:
How to apply
Applications should be by CV and a supporting statement, of up to 400 words, detailing why you think you would be suitable for the role. If you require any adjustments to the application process please contact Barnaby Powell as set out below. Applications should be addressed to Barnaby Powell, HR & Office Manager, Business Disability Forum, Nutmeg House, 60 Gainsford Street, London SE1 2NY. If you are submitting your application by email please do so to
• Closing date for applications: 3 January 2021
• First interviews are planned for the week commencing 11 January 2021
• Second interviews are likely to take place in the week commencing 18 January 2021.
Business Disability Forum is committed to ensuring that all its information, products and services are as accessible as possible to everyone.
If you wish to discuss anything in regards to accessibility or if you require alternative formats please contact Barnaby Powell by email at or by telephone on -3020.
For further information on Business Disability Forum please refer to .
We are committed to becoming disability-smart and an employer of choice irrespective of race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, or pregnancy and maternity. The ethical and business case of ensuring that our workforce is representative of wider society is at the heart of what we do. When we are recruiting, disabled candidates who meet all of the essential criteria will be offered an interview".