R&D Manager – PEM Electrolysis
Posted on Dec 2, 2020 by Procorre
R&D Manager - PEM Electrolysis
Competitive Base Salary & Package
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of the world's leading Energy Infrastructure businesses who are heavily investing in renewables, hydrogen and energy storage. They have recently partnered with a UK-based hydrogen solutions business to scale and expand operations across the UK and Europe. This will place both organisations at the forefront of research, market knowledge and application when it comes to driving the use of green hydrogen across the market as a sustainable and affordable alternative to fossil fuels.
The R&D Manager will be responsible for leading R&D activities and will be analyzing and building new equipment needed to reach the joint research & development goals in PEM water electrolysis. They will also be a leader in the exchange of information across both businesses as technology capability, knowledge and application continue to expand.
This full-time permanent opportunity will allow the successful applicant to partner with this hydrogen business for a period of two years as a secondment to play a meaningful role in the evolution of this green technology. They will then be able to return to the multi-national business recruiting this position with the knowledge to build and scale an internal business unit.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
* drive R&D activities in strong collaboration with the team and technical management
* take the lead in analyzing and building new equipment needed to reach the R&D goals
* present the results of your work to internal collaborators and external (industrial and academical) partners
* Engineering, simulation and optimization of Hydrogen plants based on PEM electrolysis
* Support in R&D projects in all phases from design to engineering, construction and commissioning
* Standardization and modularization of process
* Continuous process and design optimization with a focus on total cost of ownership to stay competitive in the market
* Be actively engaged in knowledge transfer and new capability generation
* Master's degree in Engineering (MSc/Dipl.-Ing.) preferably in Chemical or Electro-chemical Engineering
* Experience/knowledge in water electrolysis or electrical chemistry
* Effective communication and ability to work in a team
* Fluent in English, both verbally and in writing
* Italian is a plus
* Willingness to travel as needed
This is an opportunity to make a real impact in the hydrogen and renewables space as it becomes the focus and the beneficiary of vast sums of global investment. The position will allow the successful candidate to play a critical role at a hydrogen solutions business in the midst of extensive investment and scale up on a secondment basis, with broader long-term opportunities to utilize the knowledge and skills in a multi-national environment as this space continues to grow.
If you are interested in discussing further, please apply with an up to date CV.