Energy Storage Consultant
Posted on Dec 2, 2020 by Procorre
Location - UK wide
Type - Contract role
Duration 6-12 Months.
We require Energy Storage Consultants with strong engineering and energy storage experience.
• Electrical machine development including requirements definition, trade studies, design and analysis, and demonstration electrical machine prototypes through to initial production. Powers ranging from a few kW to several MW.
• You will contribute to a wide range of electrical technologies from high power density, high speed electrical machines through to key enabling technologies to facilitate high temperature, harsh environment operation.
• Develop, implement and validate power systems and sub-systems that integrate electrical machines operating in both generation and motoring applications, involve AC-AC / AC-DC and DC-DC conversion stages that will connect to a grid and/or other loads
• Produce clear, comprehensive product specifications and performance requirements with input as necessary from mechanical, electrical and systems teams as well as partners and suppliers as appropriate
• Rig / laboratory testing of experimental systems with hardware or hardware-in-the-loop (HIL).
• Significant experience in designing electrical machines for power systems including some of the following: inverters, energy storage devices and generators.
• Experience of various types of electrical machine with a good working knowledge of different machine types including Permanent Magnet, Switched Reluctance, Wound Field and Induction machines with an understanding of the benefits and limitations of each machine type.
• Experienced in the use of electromagnetic, thermal and mechanical design packages for electrical machine design such as MotorCAD, Opera etc. and have an appreciation of system analysis tools such as PSPICE, MATLAB/SIMULINK etc.
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Chartered Engineer status preferred.