Senior Consultant - Plastic Circularity
Posted on Dec 2, 2020 by RS Standards
Senior Consultant - Plastic Circularity
RS Standards is an Approved Service Provider for the Responsible Plastic Management Program. Due to business growth we have an exciting opportunity for a plastic circularity and environment expert, and leader, to join the Climate Division of our dynamic international standards and consulting organisation. The role will involve servicing clients and projects opportunities in Ireland, UK, Europe, North and South America and Asia.
RS Standards has been at the forefront of Responsible Sourcing Standards and Assurance Program frameworks and has been leading initiatives in 'Responsible Plastic Management' in global supply chain.
As part of this role the successful candidate will play a key leadership role within the team acting as the primary interface with designated clients on assurance program management, stakeholder consultation, verification and improvement projects of significant scale and will be reporting to the Climate Division Lead.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with excellent leadership and communication skills. We require an expert understanding of plastic management, circularity and use, environmental management, recycling and reduction initiatives and in supply chains standards. The successful candidate must have proven track record in the ability to assimilate and analyse new information diligently and prepare accurate reports for clients.
This is a global role so international travel will be required. We are seeking someone preferably based in UK or Ireland but other locations would be considered.
The ideal candidate will have strong presentation skills which will enable them to clearly present solutions to clients. They should be comfortable conducting research and analysis in order to establish a good understanding of the business at hand. They should have an interest in examining and streamlining processes in order to make them more efficient.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
· To lead and assist in the management of Plastic Management Review Projects
· To lead and assist in the innovation and development of Plastic Management improvement initiatives.
· To liaise with producer and government type organizations to assist them in the Plastic Management journey.
· To write objective science based tender applications and proposals in accordance with terms of reference and funder guidelines.
· To carry out assessments (desktop / physical) against agreed standards in accordance with documented procedures and maintain full records of all such initiatives.
· To respond to customer requests within agreed timescales, to assess the compliance and responses and make recommendations.
· To carry out due diligence audits on behalf of customers specific requirements and in accordance with relevant national and international legislation.
· To produce timely and accurate technical and science-based reports in compliance with customer specifications.
· To remain up to date on all quality work policies, procedures, instructions and documentation.
· To carry out written and verbal communication with customers (internal and external).
· To liaison diligently with internal departments and field-based inspectors.
· To prepare accurate reports for management.
· Identifying specific training needs relevant to the tasks performed by approved team members
Candidate Minimum Skills & Experience
• BSc or higher in an environmental science related discipline
• At least 5 years hands-on or technical service experience across the plastic / plastic circularity / waste management sector or applied plastic related research and development.
• Ability to work under own initiative and prioritise tasks.
• An understanding of environmental Standards, plastic management initaitives and accreditations
• A thorough understanding and interest in global plastic management
• High computer literacy not necessarily through formal training.
• Proven organisational and communication skills across technical and managerial levels.
• Ability to drive and travel internationally
• Fluent in the English Language. Other relevant languages would be an advantage
• Facilitate and attend client meetings
• Conduct necessary research to establish ideal solutions for client's business
• Offer strategic and practical solutions to client problems
• Present findings to client in concise and clear manner Identify opportunities for improved processes
This is a full-time position within a dynamic and fast paced business working in global markets and delivering high quality services to an expanding list of clients. The successful candidate will be joining a team of highly motivated, ideas driven professionals that take pride in delivering high end, strategic and technical services and reports.
This is a full-time position. Excellent career progression and prospects for the right candidate. Please apply with cover letter and full CV to - - quoting job title Senior Consultant - Plastic Circularity.