Senior Consultant - Aquaculture Services
Posted on Dec 2, 2020 by RS Standards
Senior Consultant - Aquaculture Services
Due to the expansion of our Aquaculture Division, RS Standards has exciting opportunity for an aquaculture expert to join the management team of our dynamic international standards and consulting organisation. The role will involve servicing clients and projects opportunities in Ireland, UK, Europe, North and South America and Asia.
RS Standards has been at the forefront of new aquaculture improvement frameworks and has been leading initiatives in 'Aquaculture Area Management' internationally with the Global Aquaculture Alliance and with BIM in Ireland. Area Management is widely understood to be a key tool in the development of control measures to help improve biosecurity, disease management, area reputation management and stakeholder engagement and enable collaboration and sustainable growth in the aquaculture sector.
As part of this role the successful candidate will play a key leadership role within the team acting as the primary interface with designated clients on consultation projects of significant scale and will be reporting to the RS Aquaculture Division Lead.
Key responsibilities will include; client management services, project management, stakeholder engagement, interrogation and collation of sector information, plus standard innovation and design.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills and an understanding of aquaculture standards and proven track record in the ability to assimilate and analyse new information diligently and prepare accurate reports for clients.
This is a global role so international travel will be required and the successful candidate may work from home with period travel to management meetings. We are seeking someone preferably based in UK or Ireland but other locations would be considered.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
• To lead and assist in the management of Aquaculture Projects and Area Management Initiatives.
• To identify, build and manage a global network of aquaculture and area management experts.
• To lead and assist in the innovation and development of aquaculture sector standards and improvement initiatives.
• To liaise with producer and government type organisations to assist them in the Area Management journey.
• To write objective science based tender applications and proposals in accordance with terms of reference and funder guidelines.
• To carry out assessments (desktop / physical) against agreed standards in accordance with documented procedures and maintain full records of all such initiatives.
• To respond to customer requests within agreed timescales, to assess the compliance and responses and make recommendations.
• To carry out due diligence audits on behalf of customers specific requirements and in accordance with relevant national and international legislation.
• To produce timely and accurate technical and science-based reports in compliance with customer specifications.
• To remain up to date on all quality work policies, procedures, instructions and documentation.
• To carry out written and verbal communication with customers (internal and external).
• To liaison diligently with internal departments and field-based inspectors.
• To prepare accurate reports for management.
• Identifying specific training needs relevant to the tasks performed by approved team members
Candidate Minimum Skills & Experience
• BSc or higher in an aquaculture science related discipline
• At least 5 years hands-on or technical service experience across the aquaculture sector or applied aquaculture related research and development.
• Ability to work under own initiative and prioritise tasks.
• An understanding of Aquaculture Standards and Accreditations
• A sound working knowledge in aquaculture systems, environmental interactions, species group biology, health, welfare, nutrition, quality and aquaculture as a business.
• A thorough understanding and interest in global aquaculture development; growth, profile, policy, opportunities for sustainable food production, challenges and threats.
• High computer literacy not necessarily through formal training.
• Proven organisational and communication skills across technical and managerial levels.
• Ability to drive and travel internationally
• Fluent in the English Language. Other relevant languages would be an advantage.
• A self-motivated, creative thinker and solutions orientated individual
This is a full-time position within a dynamic and fast paced business working in global markets and delivering high quality services to an expanding list of clients. The successful candidate will be joining a team of highly motivated, ideas driven professionals that take pride in delivering high end, strategic and technical services and reports.
This is a full-time position. Excellent career progression and prospects for the right candidate. Please apply with cover letter and full CV to - - quoting job title Senior Consultant- Aquaculture Services.