Senior Project Manager - Telco - Germany
Posted on Nov 23, 2020 by Flint Consulting Limited
Flint has been a leading Telco Services company for more than 20 years with amazing technology driving the Internet, 5G and Internet of Things. Today Flint is helping customers plan and deliver Telco Cloud initiatives to virtualize network functions through incredible SDN technology in Contrail, building on top of industry leading networking infrastructure, all automated and integrated into customers OSS/IT. These pivotal technologies are helping Service Providers become more agile and competitive in their markets.
About the position:
- Based in Bonn Germany the Project Manager will be assigned to plan and deliver various Professional Service contracts with Major Customers in the region.
- The Project Manager is responsible for managing deliverables and projects financials.
- The Project Manager will own the project delivery and will be responsible for deliverables quality and timelines. S/He will represent Flint facing the customer and is responsible to meet C-Sat KPIs.
- In this capacity s/he will manage internal resources, contractors and 3rd party service providers. The Project Manager is responsible to maintain control over project budget and properly forecast project expenditures.
- S/He will provide internal and external reporting to customer and internal stakeholders.
- The projects will likely use both waterfall and agile approaches dependent on the specific customer requirements and the delivery/development teams involved.
- Project Management experience over more than 5 years with customer exposure
- Experience of running projects in Telecom industry, either from Equipment Manufacturer, System Integrator or Service Provider side
- Preferred technology experience in IP Networking, Network Security, Mobility, Cloud, Data Centre Technologies, SDN
- Solid understanding of project management processes and tools used to manage scope, schedule, budget, resource planning, risk and change management.
- Strong planning skills, able to identify issues and drive them to closure. Can-do attitude.
- Experience of building and managing successful project teams across both the customer and vendor/3rd party organizations. Experience in geographically distributed projects with both onsite and remote resources. Used to working in a Matrix organization
- Customer-focused, with excellent inter-personal and communication skills at all level. Assertive and proactive in driving and making decisions. Able to lead change initiatives, work thru conflicts and resistances by gaining trust and acceptance of others
- Fosters an environment that encourages constructive debate and collaboration Prince 2/PMP/ScrumMaster certifications desirable
Fluent English & German
Ability to travel to customer location on a regular basis