Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Nov 22, 2020 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Sr. DevOps Engineer, Candidate will support a portfolio of critical applications, and be a visionary for automation, cloud native, virtualization, process improvement, elimination of manual tasks, and want to help create and promote a culture of learning and experimentation. Candidate will be working to accelerating the transformation to DevOps and Cloud practices. As part of this engineering practice, you will be specialized in helping our application team to drive efficiency and reliability into their entire development to operations life cycle, and will strategize and implement best practices and solutions for applications utilizing CI/CD and the Cloud and distributed version control development practice.
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies including product planning, grooming, demonstration and retrospectives.
- Independently plan and deliver committed functionality within your expertise.
- Identify opportunities to automate operations activities that slow the delivery process.
- Present and or defend the work to the team or other organizations and effectively communicates ideas in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to design and improve the software deployment pipeline and to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as they move through the entire deployment pipeline.
- Design, implement, and maintain DevOps automation tool-sets for configuration management, infrastructure and application deployment processes.
- Create reusable automation libraries and APIs that can be applied across the enterprise.
- Standardize change, validation, and deployment processes to reduce complexity.
- Ensure predictable, consistent and successful delivery of software releases by defining success criteria upfront to promote alignment, and actively manage to project outcomes and ensure compliance with defined controls and SLA's.
- Implement application and infrastructure monitoring and maintains play books and relevant documentation in support of the different application platforms.
- Develop sound version control best practices based configuration management systems (Git, SVN) including branching and merging strategies.
- Collaborate with technology teams involved in the release process to ensure compliance with defined SLAs.
- Contribute in developing best practices for software build tools (Maven, Gradle, Make, ANT) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (Puppet, Terraform, Cloudformation).
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience (required)
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Expertise in development methodologies and coding languages (eg Bash, Python)
- 3+ years of experience in systems engineering or administration
- Experience with CI/CD, test-driven development, and release management
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$135k - $148k Annual
$135k - $148k Annual