Project Manager (Customes experience)
Posted on Nov 22, 2020 by Berkeley Square IT Ltd
Project Manager (Customs experience)
12 month contract
Do you want to work for an international global institute who have work all over Europe?
My Client are a globally leading Organisation and are looking for an English-speaking Project Manager to join their ongoing project In Belgium. You will be integrated into the team where you will be managing the project team.
- Manage and follow up a set of projects and their life cycle phases (inception, elaboration, construction and transition); to manage, coordinate and follow up some or all activities
- Provide analysis of the legal requirements in terms of business process flows and support the discussions during the legislative work on the UCC systems
- Manage and support the activities of the development contractor for the creation of EU Customs BPMs at different level of detail as per agreed BPM methodology for the relevant electronic customs systems
- Follow-up of the project plan and enforce the quality delivery on schedule
- Project and technical supervision of the contractors project team in relation to the tasks assigned; and sharing information with other colleagues in the unit; o Report on the project status (tasks progress, plan, actions, risks, issues, decisions, changes, etc.)
- Coordinate actions with the project(s) various stakeholders ( business and IT teams, subcontractors teams, Member States representatives, etc.) and ensure follow up of the progress
- Enforce the delivery of the project(s) according to the agreed schedule, with the expected quality and with the resources provided
- Understand the customs business aspects of the project(s)
- Produce and/or review documents
- Provide suggestions for service or methodology improvements
- Minimum 13 years of combined relevant university studies and experience in the IT sector
- Minimum 4 years of years of specialised experience in customs, demonstrating a clear interest to work on the digital delivery of EU customs policies
- Experience with Project Management tools; capability to use the project management tool and methodologies aby such as TEMPO, and PM2;including experience with project coordination and change management
- Experience of large scale systems and integration projects (preferably of transEuropean distributed customs or tax systems)
- Experience in steering and supporting stakeholders (such as customs authorities) in the appropriate implementation of the UCC
- Ability to produce planning schedules, analytical and functional descriptions, etc.
- Experience in international/multicultural environment is a definite asset
- Possession of a recognised certificate in project management is an asset
- Working language is English.
This is an opportunity to work for an exciting and dynamic Company working on a long-term major project in an International, multilingual environment where you can add a real presence to the team whilst the role offers a fantastic package.
Interviews being held very quickly, so if you are interested - apply or send your CV.