Lead SecOps Engineer
Posted on Nov 22, 2020 by Berkeley Square IT Ltd
Lead SecOps Engineer
£700-750pd | outside IR35 | Remote | 3-6 months | SC Clearance
An exciting opportunity to join a major Public Sector programme in a Lead SecOps role, working on secure, at-scale digital service deliveries with a DevSecOps culture. The role will be instrumental in championing secure by design principles, enhancing and innovating new secure technology solutions and promoting security awareness within the delivery teams.
The Lead SecOps Engineer will work collaboratively with architecture, development, test, deployment and service management to ensure the security and integrity of production and non-production services. They will take a lead role in engaging with programme wide stakeholders including management of security working groups, accreditors and security architects.
- Minimum 3+ years' experience in a similar lead Secops role, ideally in Public Sector programmes;
- Eligible to obtain SC level security clearance
- Applying security best practices in a DevSecOps context
- Secure by design development and test best practices and frameworks (eg SAFECode);
- End-to-End delivery of services compliant with the Government Security Classification Policies and NCSC best practice and guidance;
- Public Cloud Security architectures, tooling and services (ideally AWS);
- Vulnerability and Malware detection products and processes (eg Nessus, OpenVAS, Snyk);
- System Monitoring/Protective Monitoring principles and solutions;
- Security test tooling and test automation;
- Security Risk Management Methodologies;
- System Hardening (Linux), Continuous OS Deployment, Patching and Reporting;
- Promoting awareness and training others on security best practices, processes and tooling;
- Participating in audits and ensuring compliance
- Provide support to service management teams for incident/change management (Impact Assessment) processes;
- Maintaining documentation, SyOps and SOPs;
- Leadership/engagement with Security Working Groups and stakeholders;
- Expertise with AlienVault or similar SIEM platforms;
- Supporting penetration Testing and IT Health Check processes;
- Working with collaborative tooling including JIRA and Confluence;
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written skills, along with outstanding customer service skills.
- Working with Cyber Security Operations Centres;
- Experience of Open Source/Open Standards application development architectures and frameworks;
- Delivering secure services aligned to budgetary and evergreen agendas;
- Ethical Hacking;
- Innovating and promoting new secure technologies and services;
- Providing advisory services to senior programme stakeholder for promote policy, standards and procedural best practice compliance.
This is an urgent requirement and my client is looking to move quickly for the right Lead SecOps Engineer.
Please direct any questions to Ashleigh Roberts at Berkeley Square IT (see below) or apply now for immediate consideration.