Senior Data Manager
Posted on Nov 22, 2020 by Berkeley Square IT Ltd
Senior Data Manager
£550pd | 4 months | 100% Remote | Inside IR35
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Senior Data Manager to optimise data processes for a high priority healthcare data migration project.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead a small team of 8
- Optimise data production processes across 5 departments
- Including the development of new department measures as defined in the work packages. These include new measures to better understand on a monthly basis who is receiving services, measures to monitor response standards, and employment services.
- Agree with the analysts work priorities, deliverables, and delivery dates for creation of data assets and measures
- Onboard named datasets onto the new migration platform including the development of the 2019/20 annual assets to support annual publications
Skills & Experience:
- Leadership capabilities
- Strong hands on data management background
- NHS/healthcare experience
- Advanced specialist knowledge and development expertise in using data management tools such as SSIS, R, Python, SAS DI Studio, or other advanced industry standard tools
- Proficient in identifying and managing demand in areas where there are shared and conflicting agendas
- Proficient in identifying and defining the resources needed to deliver to a specification.
- Experience of working in and leading a multidisciplinary team using agile methodologies.
- Experience developing and maintaining code, using languages such as R, Python, Spark SQL SAS, T-SQL, PL/SQL and Scala
- Significant experience managing and automating data, using latest technologies.
- Experience of analysing raw data and assessing/reporting on data quality, both to data suppliers and to senior management.
- Proven experience gathering, analysing, interpreting and prioritising customer requirements/specifications for complex and technical processes.
- Experience developing clear process documentation, based on customer requirements, against which a developer could build a technical process.
- Experience testing processes and/or software, and the development of test scripts.
- Expert in building the most appropriate database and process design, developing code using industry standard data management tools, in this case Databricks (on AWS).
- Ability to collaborate with others to build the whole data processing pipeline - from data extract through to finished data products (which could include final extracts, indicator, and publication content.
This is an urgent requirement and my client is looking to move quickly for the right Senior Data Manager. Please direct any questions to Ashleigh Roberts at Berkeley Square IT ((see below))