Posted on Nov 22, 2020 by CHI St. Alexius Health Williston
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
RESPONSIBILITIESJOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Delivers quality therapy services to patients by performing evaluations and developing individual treatment plans and goals to maximize functional outcomes. Services are delivered to both inpatients and outpatients of all ages within the framework of an interdisciplinary team approach including the patient, significant others and medical professionals. Is held accountable for policies and procedures of the department and organization. This position supports the mission, vision, and philosophy of CommonSpirit Health.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Evaluates assigned patients within the guidelines established by the physician and incompliance with departmental policies and procedures; implements competent treatment and performs regular reassessments for the purpose of treatment modification to maximize patients' potential for functional independence.
* Interprets orders from physicians and other referral sources.
* Fosters communication with other therapists, physicians, nurses, and other hospital personnel to establish appropriate care. Attends meetings as needed.
* Completes all patient and family education; provides information on outside resources to meet the patient's specific needs.
* Use exercises, stretching maneuvers, hands-on therapy, and equipment to ease patients' pain, help them increase their mobility, prevent further pain or injury, and facilitate health and wellness.
* Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
* Maintains order, stock, and cleanliness of all areas in the department
* Practices safe work habits, compliance with safety rules and regulations, and adheres to safety policies
* Utilizes resources appropriately and follows facility guidelines, policies, and procedures
related skills: rehabilitation, acute care, outpatient, inpatient, evidence based practice, research, healing, patients' functional ability, therapist, rehab, trainer, therapeutic, recovery, patient care, physical therapy, PT, treatment planning
Required Licensure and Certifications
North Dakota Physical Therapy (PT) License and Basic Life Support (BLS)
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Bachelor's Degree in Physical Therapy (PT)
Required Minimum Experience
No experience required
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to manage multiple priorities
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
Ability to collect and analyze data
Ability to use the Internet for research and communications
PREFERRED Education and/or Experience
Experience as a Physical Therapist (PT) preferred
COMMONSPIRIT HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITTED TO A DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE WORKFORCE. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS, PARENTAL STATUS, ANCESTRY, VETERAN STATUS, GENETIC INFORMATION, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY LAW.
EXTERNAL HIRES MUST PASS A POST OFFER, PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND CHECK/DRUG SCREEN. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WITH AN ARREST AND/OR CONVICTION WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR EMPLOYMENT IN A MANNER CONSISTENT WITH FEDERAL AND STATE LAWS, AS WELL AS APPLICABLE LOCAL ORDINANCES, BAN THE BOX LAWS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE SAN FRANCISCO AND LOS ANGELES FAIR CHANCE ORDINANCES.
IF YOU NEED A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION FOR ANY PART OF THE EMPLOYMENT PROCESS, PLEASE CONTACT US BY TELEPHONE AT AND LET US KNOW THE NATURE OF YOUR REQUEST. WE WILL ONLY RESPOND TO MESSAGES LEFT THAT INVOLVE A REQUEST FOR A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS. WE WILL ACCOMMODATE THE NEEDS OF ANY QUALIFIED CANDIDATE WHO REQUESTS A REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION UNDER THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (ADA).
COMMONSPIRIT HEALTH PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.