Posted on Nov 22, 2020 by Feasible
BATTERY MARKET OVERVIEW
Batteries are fundamental to our clean energy transition. In 2019, global battery production could power ~5 million EVs - thats expected to grow 6x over 10 years. However, the equivalent of ~1 in every 6 batteries are scrapped in production. Thats ~$4 Billion of waste in 2019, due largely to a lack of good data and data analytics at commercial scales. Unless we change the status quo, battery cost will remain a major barrier to affordable EVs.
Feasible, Inc. is supporting the clean energy transition by helping batteries be safer, lower cost, and higher performing. We dont make batteries - we enable them to be better.
ABOUT FEASIBLE, INC.
Feasible is a pioneer in advanced battery inspection and analytics. Our EchoStat platform uses ultrasound and data analytics to deliver unique, valuable insights across the battery value chain. EchoStat will enable battery manufacturers to accelerate time-to-market for new batteries, decrease production costs, improve quality and performance, and make it economically viable to repurpose old EV batteries. Founded in 2016, Feasible is headquartered in Emeryville, CA. Since inception, Feasible has received over $7M in grants and seed funding from NSF, DOE (ARPA-e), Elemental Excelerator, Chrysalix Ventures, Incite Labs, and other investors. We are currently working with battery manufacturers and automakers to test and evaluate our beta prototypes (1 [ 2 [
OUR CULTURE AND VALUES
We are dedicated to building a world-class company that will improve the world.
* We work closely on a foundation of mutual trust and data-driven decisions.
* We value personal growth, continuous learning, safety, and inclusion.
* We believe the most innovative teams are inclusive and celebrate all forms of diversity.
As a Software Engineer at Feasible, you will be instrumental in the design, development, and deployment of the software tools that power our measurement and analytics platforms and deliver value to our customers. You will work closely with our small and nimble engineering team. You will also enjoy the variety of work projects, a high degree of ownership and autonomy, and ample opportunities for growth that come with our team dynamic. You value careful listening, thoughtful questions, and data-driven discussions. You are comfortable with gathering and distilling information to drive the direction of open-ended projects.
On any given day, you may integrate a new data acquisition device, build a data analysis pipeline, or design a user interface. The ideal candidate will approach this work with a mixture of intellectual curiosity, thoughtful creativity, and methodical rigor. The ideal candidate gets great satisfaction from seeing people do great things with their work, and above all is excited to solve hard problems that have a positive impact on the worlds clean energy future.
* Have a passion for building scalable, maintainable, and well-documented software.
* Past experience working on a team that developed commercial or open-source software products.
* Python fluency that includes experience with numpy, pandas, and matplotlib.
* Comfortable working with and developing for UNIX/Linux systems.
* Experience querying relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite3).
* Working knowledge of web services and REST APIs.
NICE TO HAVES (BONUS SKILLS)
* Bachelors in CSE or related fields OR equivalent experience in software ecosystems.
* Experience programming microprocessors or PLCs.
* Experience working collaboratively with hardware engineers to define functional requirements and trade offs.
* Experience with database design, optimization, and management.
* Experience with systems programming in C/C++, Rust, Go, etc.
* Experience setting up & working in Docker or other containerized environments.
* Experience controlling and interacting with industrial equipment programmatically, e.g. over serial, GPIO, or Ethernet.
* Proficiency in statistical and time-series analysis.
* UI/UX design experience.
* Knowledge of data security best practices.
* Competitive compensation package.
* Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
* 8 weeks of fully-paid parental leave.
* Flexible time-off policy.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.