Posted on Nov 22, 2020 by NewsBreak
About News Break
News Break defines a new way for users to engage with local news. Since its founding in 2015, it has grown by leaps and bounds. Were now the largest intelligent local news platform in the U.S.
News Break is ranked the #1 news app on both iOS and Android. With 11M+ daily active users and 23M+ monthly users (data source: App Annie), were also ahead of all major news apps such as The New York Times, CNN News, The Washington Post, Yahoo News, and SmartNews.
We're a series-C startup headquartered at Mountain View, California.
We've been growing 3x every 12 months in both user base and revenue. Right now, we're aggressively expanding our team and looking for senior talents to accelerate our growth. Looking for you to lead our next steps!
For more information, please visit [
About the Role
This role is part of the Business Team at News Break. This team identifies and source new quality content partnership opportunities across the US. In order to do this, we build strong relationships with content partners that range from large media groups to small local publications and individual content creators. The Account Manager will own a portfolio of partners, ensuring the success of the relationship and projects associated. In addition, the Account Manager will find ways to maximize partner engagement, revenue opportunities and leverage cross-disciplinary internal teams to provide strategic counsel and insight. The role will require an individual who is proactive, not afraid to get his/her hands dirty, and is comfortable navigating through complex environments.
* Receive, log and drive evaluations of inbound content opportunities
* Prepare analyses to support business team in deal preparation and negotiation, from renewal preparation to deal post-mortem evaluations
* Track deals and maintain deal database, negotiation history and deal calendar
* Maintain other databases essential to content performance and valuation
* Work with senior team members to prepare decks and presentations
* Collaborate with content acquisition, product, and engineering to support new partner and content on-boarding
* Bachelor degree in related fields, at least 1 year of account management experience, or equivalent work experience in the Internet industry, Media industry or the similar
* Obsessive attention to detail
* Strong Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
* Basic SQL skills. (There will be basic SQL online assignment for qualified candidates.)
* Agile with large amounts of data and able to generate reports with actionable data insights for partners
* Excellent PowerPoint skills
* Strong, effective communicator
* Foreign language skill (e.g., Mandarin, Spanish) a plus, but not required