Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted on Nov 21, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Senior DevOps Engineer. This role will be responsible for the design, implement, and maintain DevOps automation toolsets for configuration management, infrastructure and application deployment processes. Also this role will contribute in developing best practices for software build tools (Maven, Gradle, Make, ANT) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (Puppet, Terraform, Cloudformation). They need experience with microservices, CICD, Python Scripting, and Linux Shell Scripting.
- Actively participate in Agile ceremonies including product planning, grooming, demonstration and retrospectives.
- Independently plan and deliver committed functionality within your expertise.
- Identify opportunities to automate operations activities that slow the delivery process.
- Present and or defend the work to the team or other organizations and effectively communicates ideas in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to design and improve the software deployment pipeline and to maintain high-quality deployment artifacts as they move through the entire deployment pipeline.
- Design, implement, and maintain DevOps automation toolsets for configuration management, infrastructure and application deployment processes.
- Create reusable automation libraries and APIs that can be applied across the enterprise.
- Standardize change, validation, and deployment processes to reduce complexity.
- Ensure predictable, consistent and successful delivery of software releases by defining success criteria upfront to promote alignment, and actively manage to project outcomes and ensure compliance with defined controls and SLA's.
- Implement application and infrastructure monitoring and maintains play books and relevant documentation in support of the different application platforms.
- Develop sound version control best practices based configuration management systems (Git, SVN) including branching and merging strategies.
- Collaborate with technology teams involved in the release process to ensure compliance with defined SLAs.
- Contribute in developing best practices for software build tools (Maven, Gradle, Make, ANT) and continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson), and infrastructure automation (Puppet, Terraform, Cloudformation).
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience (required)
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Expertise in development methodologies and coding languages (eg Bash, Python)
- 3+ years of experience in systems engineering or administration
- Experience with CI/CD, test-driven development, and release management
- Ability to lead technical teams through the design and implementation of automation
- Deep understanding of modern Web, SOA/Microservice and Cloud Native architecture.
- 2-3 years of experience in creating Pipeline as Code and shared libraries (Jenkins, Groovy)
- 1-2 years of experience in implementing Cloud based DevOps practices and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, Cloudformation, AWS Boto3)
- 1+ years of experience in rolling out container-based solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS/EKS)
- Solid understanding of Unix/Linux operating system and proficient in writing Shell Scripts.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef)
- Proficiency with relational and NoSQL databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, AWS RDS, AWS DynamoDB)
- Ability to implement engineering best practices and techniques (Trunk Based Development, Test Pyramid, Feature Toggles, Blue-Green Deployment, 12 Factors and others)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$135k - $148k Annual