.NET and SQL Developer (Fully Remote)
Posted on Nov 21, 2020 by BDO LLP
SENIOR .NET/SQL DEVELOPER
The Role & Key Responsibility Areas
The position relates to the continuing internal development of BDO's Global Outsourcing management platforms and specifically the Payroll Management platform, Evolve . This platform is a cloud based system currently based on Salesforce with integration functionality based on Microsoft SQL Server and Microsoft .NET technologies. In the short to medium term this platform will be re-developed/migrated to a .NET/SQL Platform.
It should be noted that the ability to lead and to communicate effectively and persuasively with internal clients and colleagues is of equal importance to the role as the appropriate technical skills and experience.
The senior developer will be responsible for:
- Taking overall responsibility for the software development function for the Payroll platform and other GO development projects.
- Writing clean, scalable code using .NET programming languages such as VB.NET and C#.
- Developing documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Liaising with and managing any outsourced development work which may be required to deliver the required functionality.
- Working with the internal user client community based in the UK and Mauritius, gathering business requirements and presenting back technical solutions to the team.
- Liaising with the internal client team on user acceptance testing as solutions are delivered.
- Liaising with BDO's internal IT team to ensure that the development approach, tools, security and governance are aligned to those of the wider firm.
- Developing and maintaining system documentation based on IT policies, procedures and processes determined by the internal IT Governance function.
- Ensuring all development complies with the internal IT Governance framework, IT Policies, Procedures and Processes.
- Contributing to IT innovation development and delivery.
- Working with the GTS (Global Technology Solutions) management team to develop additional streams of revenue using the internal development function.
- Acting as part of the IT Outsourcing management team to engage with the wider business.
You will work as part of a small team, provide leadership and deliver technology solutions to the internal and external client base. You will be expected to travel to other sites in the UK and occasionally overseas as appropriate.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
- Educated to Degree level in a technology or business related subject.
- Experience of software development on the Microsoft .NET/Azure platforms.
- .NET Core
- SQL Server 2014+
- Git or TFS source control
- Test Automation
- REST API design and development
- Dev op practices
- Experience of developing and maintaining secure web based applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Committed and flexible approach to work.
- Good customer-facing skills with the ability to clearly convey technical issues to non-technical people.
- Self Confidence and Determination.
- An ability to build good relationships with clients, suppliers, management at all levels, and IT teams.
- Any experience of cloud based CRM platform administration would be useful.
The role is fully remote although the team is based in Uxbridge and Reading. You will be expected to travel to these offices on an ad-hoc basis as business requirements dictate. Although core hours are in place, you will have the options associated with flexible working hours.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.