Operations Support Engineer
Posted on Nov 21, 2020 by Scot Lewis Associates Ltd
support, Linux, SQL, Shell or Python
Working with my client, a leading market making and programmatic trading company in the exciting and fast-evolving world of cryptocurrency trading to secure the services of a Operations Support Engineer. The successful candidate will help to deliver a secure, reliable, and best-in-class production environment for our global trading franchise. You will report to the Global Operations Manager. We can offer various locations across the US and as much as 3 days a week working from home.
As part of the team, your responsibilities will be to:
- Provide first-line support and troubleshooting for our trading environment, ensuring smooth operations across market-making and programmatic execution bots.
- Track, escalate, and prioritise production incidents, ensuring timely resolutions
- Help maintain a clear communication channel between business development and trading to ensure orderly deployment of new clients and exchanges.
- Assist in analysing bot performance across marketing making and other trading strategies.
- Help to design and improve processes around monitoring, alerting, accounting, portfolio management, risk, and reporting.
- Perform ad-hoc operational tasks as needed to support the global trading function.
- Develop expertise in our proprietary trading system, infrastructure, and procedures, contributing to documentation of best practices.
Experience in a similar role at a bank or proprietary trading firm
Bachelor's degree in a relevant subject (eg Computer Science)
Strong Scripting skills (Python or Shell Scripting)
Experience in Linux
- Exposure to container technology (eg, Docker, Rancher)
- Software development experience a plus but not required (Java preferred)
- Keen interest in the cryptocurrency markets
- Disciplined self-starter with high attention to detail and ability to work autonomously and/or remotely
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.