Service Desk Analyst - SC Cleared - (1st Line Support/Service Now) - S
Posted on Nov 21, 2020 by Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
Service Desk Analyst - SC Cleared - (1st Line Support/Service Now)
Outside IR35 - London Based
SC Cleared Service Desk Analyst required for a contract through until 31st March 2021 - with scope to go on.
The Service Desk Analyst will provide a quality technical first-line service to all business users. The role will be responsible for the recording of all incidents, service requests and requests for change (RFCs) that come to the Service Desk via phone or email, aiming to satisfactorily resolve 75% of incidents received, demonstrating an end-to-end customer service focused approach to call management.
Core hours are between Monday-Friday 8am-6pm on a shift basis, however, as the Service Desk is a 24/7 there may be some requirement to cover some weekend and night shifts on a rota basis.
- Work on the Service Desk, accurately recording all calls offered by either phone or email into the Service Management Tool.
- Communicate with user by phone, email and via Intranet
- Deliver a high standard of customer care, by taking ownership of incidents
- Take part in IT service improvement
- Provide technically accurate solutions to users and customers.
- Aim to resolve 75% of incidents at first point of contact (75% first time fix), with or without the aid of remote control software.
- Maintain the accuracy of the SMT and related databases by updating new user information, relocations etc.
- Update the Knowledgebase by adding articles and supplying new documentation where appropriate.
- Continuous communication with internal customers to provide updates on incident resolution
- Liaise directly with external maintenance suppliers
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working within a customer service environment, preferably within IT
- Good problem-solving aptitude and skills.
- A positive analytical attitude to support process and performance improvement.
- Ability to diagnose technical faults quickly and accurately over the telephone, using the remote assistance tools and techniques available.
- Knowledge of current Microsoft Windows computer operating systems.
- Knowledge of hardware and systems software installation and support.
- Knowledge of PC hardware components and peripherals.
- Knowledge of standard business applications eg current Microsoft Office suites, popular web browsers, Microsoft Exchange email clients.
For further information please get in touch to discuss further.