Senior DevOps Engineer - New York
Posted on Nov 21, 2020 by Brookwood
Senior DevOps Engineer required - New York Permanent
Purpose of Job
The DevOps team is responsible for operating and maintaining the cloud infrastructure and for its clients.
Day to day involves configuring infrastructure-as-code platform, diagnosing infrastructure related issues with other teams, related to networking, memory usage, cloud APIs. Work closely with platform development and application teams to design and build the infrastructure. Aid in architecture and design discussions internally and with clients.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
This position involves these areas of responsibility:
- Take requirements from clients and deploy and configure AWS/Azure resources.
- Build monitoring for infrastructure resources and proactively identify bottlenecks and advise or implement remediation steps.
- Manage deployment and CI/CD pipelines.
- Debugging and troubleshooting services, databases, cloud infrastructure.
- Keen eye for automation and improving efficiency.
- Work with teams internally and with Beacon clients on infrastructure design and architecture.
- Work with a global team across NY, LDN, TKO.
- Research and collaborate with platform development team on Cloud infrastructure components.
- Deployment environments are Docker, AWS, Azure, GCP.
- You have 5-8+ years of hands on experience as a DevOps Engineer
- System administration experience with Linux.
- Self-starter and interest in cloud and software defined infrastructure.
- Leadership and project management experience with a strong understanding of tools and automation frameworks.
- Experience in systems automation, virtualization, orchestration, continuous integration, deployment, and implementation.
- Experience with AWS, Azure or GCP.
- Hands-on experience with Linux infrastructure (eg RedHat, Ubuntu).
- Experienced at supporting production environments.
- Knowledge of one or more of Terraform, Ansible, Puppet.
- Some system level programming experience.
- GIT experience.
- Familiarity with some of: ELK, Grafana, Prometheus, NGINX, Docker, etc.
- Good communication skills.
- Team oriented.
- Self-motivated and takes ownership of objectives.
- Attention to detail.
- Perseveres and drives issues and projects to completion.
- Enjoy learning new technologies and leveraging them.
Culture and Benefits:
At our Platform, we value our employees, encourage and support career development. Our client offers an excellent benefit package and social team building events. Platform Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Our focus on diversity enables us to build a culture where all employees are invited to share their passion, talents, and ideas. At Platform we are proud to have workforce inclusion from different countries, ethnicities, race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experiences.
Come be part of our growing team!
- Medical Insurance
- Paid time off
- Contributory 401K/Pension Scheme
- Recruitment Referral Bonus
- Wellness and wellbeing initiatives
- Regular social events and parties
- Commuter benefits