Front Office Junior Core Engineer
Posted on Nov 21, 2020 by Brookwood
Exciting Opportunity for a Front Office Junior Core Engineer - New York
Our Client industry leaders in building and designing enterprise-scale trading, analytics, and risk management platforms. In addition to applications for front and Middle Office users, the Platform includes cloud-based, secure sandbox infrastructure, a full suite of developer tools, and transparent source code to give its clients unparalleled power to own the full stack and achieve their business goals. A collaborative and innovative team, is now 80+ employees with offices in New York, London, and Tokyo.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Will be part of Front Office Suite (FOS) Core team that is responsible of designing, developing and testing essential Front Office components such as:
- Risk Framework/Real Time Risk
- Straight Through Processing (STP)
- Market Data feeds and ETL pipelines
- Deal state model
- Time Series Framework
- Reporting Framework
- Work with our clients, which include asset managers, hedge funds, insurance companies, and commodities trading companies, to adapt and customize our core cloud-hosted Trading Risk Management (TRM) platform to address their unique needs, including expanding and extending trading risk management capabilities, improving analytical models, designing and implementing data warehouses to aggregate a firm's data, implementing workflow tools to manage data flows, reporting and visualization solutions.
- Integrate with cloud computing services and other third party systems.
- Add features to framework for easy developing and deploying of applications.
- Providing ongoing support and enhancement of the Platform.
- Fundamentals of software engineering such as data structures and algorithms.
- Exposure to multiple programming languages and paradigms.
- Proficiency in Python.
- Familiarity with database technologies.
- Familiarity with cloud computing such as AWS or Azure is a plus.
- Interest in providing software solutions applied in the finance industry.
- Articulate and able to communicate technical detail to both peers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic to work both individually and on team projects.
- Excited by change and able to embrace a rapidly changing product.
- Attention to detail.
- Perseverance and the ability to drive issue resolution and projects through to completion.
- Continually strives to improve both their work and their personal knowledge.