Principal Building Scientist
Posted on Nov 19, 2020 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Principal Building Scientist. This role will be revolved around building envelope system design, material science, and understanding of building code compliance. This person needs to have an understanding of ASTM test methods and basic design criteria for roofing and wall systems. Also expected is the ability to model a system in WUFI or other modelling software.
- Understanding of the building envelope including experience with materials and systems and modelling the building performance. Prior experience with building envelope system design, material science and understanding of building code compliance is a plus.
- An understanding of ASTM test methods and basic design criteria for roofing and wall systems.
- Must have a basic understanding of raw materials used in Rubber, Plastic, Adhesives, and Asphalt. Manufacturing experience or knowledge in one or more of these areas is a plus.
- A basic understanding of the interactions and dependencies of the wall and roof systems in the building envelope.
- Remote work.
- Must be proficient with MS Office, SharePoint experience is a plus.
- Ability to model a system in WUFI or other modelling software.
- Must be self-directed and able to report out to a cross functional team.
- Minimum BS in Civil or Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Chemistry or related technical field.
- Minimum 10 years related experience in building science or related field. This includes materials, materials testing, system design, field work or other experience will be considered.
- Prior experience in design, review and assessment of building envelop is preferred.
- Strong Familiarity with Trends, Building Codes, Materials of Construction, Water and Energy Management.
- Proven skills in creating strong and collaborative relationships within an organization and in our industry.
- Experience in LEAN culture is preferred.
- Ability to travel 20% or more of the time.
- Ability to work in the field on a commercial project conducting research and onsite evaluations.
- Ability to climb a ladder and lift 30 pounds.