R&D Software Engineer - Microcontrollers
Posted on Nov 19, 2020 by Parker Shaw
Software Engineer/Hardware Engineer
An industry leading provider of label inspection (image processing) in the meat and produce sector; is looking for a highly motivated software/hardware engineer to assist the already successful team in coping with an ever increasing business demand from strong domestic sales. Their success depends on flexible and committed staff prepared to ensure they exceed their client's requirements - development timescales are short and the specifications demanding.
£30,000 - £40,000
Offices are located in Bedford, with some travel expected.
To work within our R&D team, writing and supporting software applications, including:
- Desktop Windows 10 PC: VB6, VB.NET, C#, C++, SQL Server
- Microcontrollers: 32 bit PICs in C
- Liaising with mechanical and electronics team
- Work to agreed timescales
- Visit customers supporting the sales and service teams
Abilities and Qualifications
- Self starting with a hands on approach to learning/training
- Willingness to be flexible and take on new challenges
- Proven ability to manage time effectively, and in particular work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Some experience working with electronics for debugging microcontrol solutions (eg comfortable with using oscilloscopes)
- An understanding of optics and photography
- Science background, or experience with scientific tools and techniques
- Several years relevant experience in the majority of the above tools/packages
- Proven track record of achievement, for example 2:1 or higher degree from a Russell Group university
- Familiarity with the food industry.
If you feel this immersive data management, image/data processing role is of interest, and you are ready to be a part of a growing company then please do apply now.