UX Designer (SC Cleared/Security Cleared)
Posted on Nov 19, 2020 by Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
Methods is looking for a UX Designer for a central government department. Must be SC Cleared and have experience working to GDS guidelines.
- The use of a combination of Azure Native Services including, but not exclusively, Azure Power Apps, Canvas Apps, and Azure Logic Apps to meet user UX needs.
- Experience of designing for compliance to GDS guidelines and principles.
- Experience of designing new patterns and components to contribute to an existing design system.
- Experience of understanding and interpreting brand guideline rules.
- Being comfortable working at both ends of the scale, from the big picture, high level flows and journeys to the detail of individual elements on screen.
- Evidence of proficiency in UX, UI and interaction design techniques.
- Evidence of proficiency in creating prototypes to support user research, stakeholders and design team decision making.
- A clear understanding of user centred design best practice and accessibility principles.
- Experience of interpreting user research feedback to inform user journeys and UI design.
- Experience of planning, documenting and communicating the design process and concepts in a clear, concise manner.
- Extensive experience in creating prototype and design specs and the ability to communicate the design process to Software Developers.
- Proven understanding of accessibility issues and designing to meet accessibility guidelines.
- Experience in working from user research; thus ensuring designs are user and data driven.
- Ability to use user-centred design methodology from start to finish to inform user journeys, navigation flow charts, wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Basic research skills including when necessary participation in user research sessions and analysis.
- Do rapid, lightweight prototyping, from paper to interactive.
- Tackle the design of a service that has multiple digital touchpoints, as well as offline elements. Understanding the bigger picture and defining the overall user experience is critical.
- Strong experience working as part of an agile team participating in daily stand up, sprint reviews and planning and retrospectives.
- The NCA is keen to implement Design Thinking as part of its journey towards being a more Agile organisation and as such would be keen to see this brought to life.
- Well-rounded technical understanding to collaborate on technical specifications.
- Use of lean UX/Agile tools, techniques and a passion for working as part of an agile team.
- Previous experience working with Public Sector clients or law enforcement.
- Knowledge across the digital design sector applying research in new design technologies to the benefit of the team and service.