SC Cleared Network Engineer
Posted on Nov 19, 2020 by Sanderson Government & Defence
Role: Network Engineer
Location: Southend on Sea
Our client is looking for a Network Engineer to join them with the following skill set:
- Responsible for designing computer networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems. Creates, tests, and evaluates networks.
- Knowledge of PSN (public Service Network)
- Experience of working in public sector
- Provide advice and guidance to their teams to ensure effective use of standards, principles, tools and patterns
- Aware of and incorporate security into network designs
- Have an understanding of network technology including: LAN, WAN, Wi-Fi, data centre LAN, SD networks, telephony, mobile solutions infrastructure, unified comms, network management solutions, and network specific security and remote access technologies and approaches
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical network solutions and their framework.
- Design, test, and inspect data communications systems.
- Perform network modelling, analysis, and planning.
- Install hardware such as cables, hubs, Routers, and wireless adaptors.
- Develop technology roadmaps.
- Configure network drivers for software.
- Analyze, engineer, and execute software functions.
- Develop test plans, implementation plans, and project timelines for various projects.
- Stay abreast of how technology infrastructures are currently impacting and driving competitors.
- Determine production direction.
- Write functional requirements/specifications documents.
- Assess vendor development/test strategies.
- Perform network troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common network problems.
- Upgrade network hardware and software components as required.
- Solve complex problems with many variables.