Bid Architect/Business Development Manager, Bid Strategy, Defence, Dig
Posted on Nov 18, 2020 by Nexere Consulting Limited
Bid Architect/Bid Consultant/Business Development Manager, Bid Strategy, Defence, Digital technology, P3M, Bristol
The role of the Bid Solution Architect is a critical part of the Win Work process. Complementary to the roles of Bid Manager, Bid Director, Client Manager and Technical Consultant, the purpose of the Bid Solution Architect is to envision, define, plan and lead the authoring of the solution to a particular requirement or opportunity drawing on the expertise and contributions of Technical staff.
The main focus will be on meeting the Win Work effort demand from within Defence Digital, the organisation responsible for making sure that effective digital and information technology is put into the hands of the military and business front. The role will be focused on consultancy opportunities that are primarily concerned with Strategy & Architecture, Cyber Security and P3M in a Digital/ICT context.
The expectation of the Solution Architect is to act as a bridge between the customer requirement and the solution proposed, drawing on intelligence and although the role is predominately internally facing, to engage with the customer where required to confirm requirements, considerations and expectations. This is additional to engaging internal stakeholder such as Client Managers and Task/Technical Leads for example.
It also needs considerable powers of communication and co-ordination internally to gather and understand our capabilities and the reach of the supply chain in order to synthesise a solution in response to customer requirements, reflecting the agreed win strategy and our USPs.
It requires the ability to think imaginatively, and to stimulate, access and lead various technical contributions in order to create a coherent solution, evaluating options along the way to arrive at an optimal winning solution.
- Analysing customer intelligence, bid documentation and capture activity to inform bid strategy and win themes;
- Collaborating with the customer and internal stakeholders to discover hot buttons and biases;
- Work alongside SMEs and Technical Authors but take the lead role in defining, shaping, planning and authoring the solution to large or complex bids covering Strategy & Architecture, Cyber Security, and P3M in a Digital/ICT context, and communicating the solutions to stakeholders (internal and external). The outputs will be bid response documents that are clear, concise and visually engaging;
- To take a leading role in driving the development and exploitation of ideas from concept to sale whilst considering Innovation and Growth Theme initiatives where applicable (ensuring that solutions are attractive to our clients, differentiated from our competitors, and technically, commercially and programmatically feasible eg acceptable risk, acceptable margin);
- Providing expert guidance on bid technical solution best practice; and
- Analysing internal and external feedback to support continuous improvement.
- Shaping the solution with the customer prior to the release of the RFP/ITT and then leading the response process once released.
Note that Security Clearance is required for this role.