Senior Scientist - Formulator specialist, Basel
Posted on Nov 18, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - UK Contracts
Our Client, a Global Pharmaceutical who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking a Senior Scientist - Formulator specialist to be based at their Basel site for an initial 9-month contract with a strong likelihood for extension.
Key responsibilities will include:
Job purpose is to plan, perform, optimize and document routine scientific experiments for the preparation and timely delivery of drug products incl. GMP manufacturing. Participate in scientific teams and contribute to the overall Technical Research and Development strategies and goals.
For the development of oral solid dosage forms we are looking for an experienced associate. Your duties will be to develop formulations of capsules, film coated tablets or sachets, to develop manufacturing processes including scale-up and to manufacture clinical supplies under a GMP environment. Your responsibilities will be to plan, perform scientific experiments (or pilot plant processes) under minimal guidance from more experienced team members and to contribute to the interpretation and report results.
Plan, organize, perform and document scientific experiments/plant activities in collaboration with experienced team members if necessary. Seeks proactively for support and coaching from Project Leader, Scientific Expert or other team members during the whole process if necessary
Requirements of the role:
You have a scientific education eg BSc or a College of Applied Science Diploma. You have also experience in manufacturing under GMP.
1. Ideally a minimum of 3 to 5 successful years of experience.
2. Awareness/proven experience for safe handling of chemicals, potentially dangerous materials and equipment.
3. Good scientific or technical knowledge in galenics/formulation at lab, pilot and production.
4. Adequate knowledge in scientific/technical areas of collaboration.
5. Proficient with laboratory and/or technical tools.
6. Adequate knowledge of software and computer tools.
7. Basic presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills.
8. Good Communication skills
Fluent in English, German and/or French is an advantage.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.