Senior Software Engineer for Product Care Product Maintenance
Posted on Nov 18, 2020 by ITech Consult
Senior Software Engineer for Product Care/Product Maintenance - C#, C/C++, .NET, Linux and MS Windows, English and good German
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Rotkreuz we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for Product Care/Product Maintenance.
The RMD Software Continuity department at Diagnostics International A.G. (RDI) in Rotkreuz, Switzerland, is responsible for the upgrades and maintenance of some of the Legacy and newer products developed by client in the Molecular laboratory area. To provide the appropriate level of support we work with agile methodologies in an integrated team with experts on each product where the whole team can support in the investigation and resolution of cases, as well as in the development of continued evolution releases on these products. The supported products are based on Windows or Linux operating systems, and C#, C/C++ programming languages in .NET framework and Embedded RTOS operating system.
Pharma Diagnostics is the no 1 In Vitro Diagnostics player globally and is strongly focusing on research and development. At RDI we bring all engineering disciplines together to develop the next generation of lab automation systems and to maintain these products according to state of the art in the field.
Areas of responsibility:
* You are a subject matter expert (SME) for the assigned area(s) of responsibility and/or line(s) of product(s).
* You interface with colleagues in Global Customer Support (GCS) and Case Investigation and Resolution unit (CIR) to support them in the investigation of cases.
* You independently analyze issues from the field in your area of responsibility and support your team with guidance on other areas where you may also contribute.
* You are responsible for assessing or defining solutions to the test cases and for providing reports and solutions to the cases.
* You draft solutions for highly complex cases and highly complex software tasks, with the end goal of providing the best possible outcome for the customers.
* You perform software development tasks on fixes and on update releases according to the specifications and the product roadmap.
* You perform independent problem solving/implementation of solutions in subsidiary assignments or sub-projects, including the specification, planning, estimation, design, implementation, testing and documentation of these assignments.
* You advise the Team, Management and/or other stakeholders (GCS, CIR) on tradeoffs between fixes and/or workaround for identified issues.
* You advise the Team, Management and/or other stakeholders (GCS, CIR) on tradeoffs between software design decisions and specification decisions.
* You provide advice to colleagues in your team and other internal groups within the area of activity.
* You define working and testing regulations within the area of activity and are involved in disseminating knowledge or training courses to other colleagues in your team or to external groups.
* You are capable of self-supervising your work.
* You rethink and actively improve existing working methods and products.
* You act upon clients Diagnostics' Cultural Dimensions.
Professional and technical requirements:
* University degree in software engineering, Informatics or related field of study/or equivalent work experience in a related field (ideally in a Diagnostics environment)
* 8y+ of professional experience in software development, preferably in the field of system/instrument application software (GUI, DB handling, resource management, etc.) and instrument control software in MedTech
* Good knowledge of C#, C/C++ programming languages in .NET framework
* Good knowledge of Linux and MS Windows as well as source code version control systems (eg Git), build systems (cmake, make, Rake, MSBuild), in programming (eg Ruby, Bash, Python) and in developing or upgrading software development tools
* Good English and good German language skills, parts of the team are speaking mainly German (B2 level)
* Good communication and stakeholder management skills to the internal team and to stakeholders external to the team.
* Good capacity to summarize technical issues and findings to a non-technical audience.
* An analytical and structured way of working and a high solution orientation complete your profile.
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of VXWorks
Reference no: AD
Role: Senior Software Engineer for Product Care/Product Maintenance
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Rotkreuz, Switzerland
Start date: 01/12/2020
Duration: until 31/12/2021, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.