Senior Business Analyst
Posted on Nov 18, 2020 by ITech Consult
Senior Business Analyst - Agile, English AND German, mobile app development, platform scaling, multichannel, IoT
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Kaiseraugst/Basel we are looking for a Senior Business Analyst. The position will be part of the Chapter for Business Analysis, Process, and Usability (BAPU) in
Pharma Informatics International (PIIX) organization. The BAPU Chapter is divided into multiple sections, and each section covers different geography. This position is part the section covering Germany, Switzerland and the Middle East.
The Business Analyst (BA) plays an active part in driving innovative and scalable solutions to bring value to business, as well as covering the solution's life cycle management to suit respective markets. The project in focus is to develop and scale a mobile app for employee called DEX (Digital Employee Experience App).
This app should provide a unified, global Employee Experience App, which connects people, places, and systems to enable a Digital Employee Journey and allow employees to access what they need to do their best work.
Fluent written and spoken German language is a "must have criteria" for this position.
Areas of responsibility:
* Is an active part in the product's life cycle management and ensures that any solution is chosen to fulfil known and understood business requirements, fitting into the Product roadmap definitions and continuously providing business value over its life cycle.
* Acts as an interface between business and IT functions and as a contact point for business leads in order to launch initiatives, leading and driving the scoping phase.
* BA collaborate with IT Business Partners, Stakeholders, Product Owner and Development Team (Tester, Developer, IT Architects, Adoption Services, external Vendors)
* Collaborates with IT Business Partners and/or Product Managers in business development activities like translating business strategy in technology enabled strategies, C-POD activities, portfolio management processes, feasibility studies, clarifying available technology on the market and vendor selection (RFI/RFP/RFQ)
* Strives for harmonization of business processes across sites and departments by propagating common standardized data models, applications and technologies that are in line with the crossfunctional or functional Informatics strategies and architectures.
* BA collaborate and take inspirations from networks and other chapters and PI orgs
* BA displays skills and capabilities in the area of business partnering and/or product management.
* Takes on the additional role of Squad Lead where appropriate
* BA explore opportunities and initiatives to grow professionally, in self-assignment way
Professional and technical requirements:
* 7y+ of experience in providing and scaling of digital solutions in large global enterprises (ideally experience with scaling of a global workplace App for employees)
* Proven business domain knowledge for the following area(s): mobile app development, platform scaling, multichannel, IoT, integration of work site related employee services
* Previous experience in supporting/driving Digital & Agile Transformation
* Certification in at least one Agile framework/methodology (eg. Scrum)
* Has practical knowledge of Agile BA frameworks (ie IIBA)
* Has the typical skills expected from a Business Analyst, ie: business partnering, ability to quickly learn new business domains, requirements elicitation and management, business process analysis and design, usability and the ability to facilitate workshops
* BA displays the following values: Aspirational, Motivating, Collaborating across, One team Spirit, Be Focused, Fail Fast + Learn Fast, Open Mindset
* Is an Agile ambassador and displays an Agile mindset in the approach to work, ie: Enables a diverse group of partners to speak with a single voice; Ensures the right information is available to the development team in the right level of detail at the right time so that the product can be developed and matches customers' needs
* Exhibits intellectual curiosity and integrity and has a strong passion to bring value-adding technology to the business.
* Exhibits strong soft skills typically required as a BA (ie: active listening, challenging the status quo, strong communication skills, coaching, translating business vocabulary into technical wording and vice versa, adopting communication style to the recipient)
* Fluent English AND German language
Nice to Haves:
Reference no: 919823 AD
Role: Senior Business Analyst
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Kaiseraugst/Basel, Switzerland
Start date: 01.12.2020
Duration: until 31.12.2021, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.