Trainee Web / Database Developer
Posted on Nov 16, 2020 by AR Digital Solutions Ltd
Are you a self-taught programmer/developer looking for 'real world' experience?
Or are you fed up working on dead-end websites and would like to develop your skills in ASP.NET C# and PHP?
AR Digital Solutions are offering an exciting opportunity to be part of a highly experienced team of website professionals.
You will be working under the guidance of a senior systems architect, developing and supporting existing projects as well as liaising with clients (online) to gathering requirements for new development and troubleshooting bugs.
Key skills we are looking for:
- Methodical thinking and problem solving
- An understanding of Model-View-Controller (MVC) and Object-Orientated Programming
- Preferred language is C# ASP.NET (but not essential based on knowledge of programming concepts from knowing another language)
Please note: The role involves a mixture of modern frameworks and maintaining legacy systems written in ASP.NET WebForms and PHP.
Other skills which are helpful but not mandatory, otherwise will become part of your role and reflect the quoted salary range.
- Familiarity with Laravel, Umbraco, Wordpress, ASP.NET WebForms and MVC
- Familiarity with Software Patterns
- Database Design and SQL
- Linux Administration / AWS
- Windows IIS / Azure
- Adobe Photoshop / XD
- Microsoft Excel and Access + Visual Basic
To confirm this role is available as full time at 40 hours per week or part time at 32 hours per week calculated pro rata of the full-time 'Annual Salary' quoted.
Place of work (varies if part/full time):
During probationary period:
On premise 4 days a week and 1 day from home
After probationary period:
On premise 3 days a week and 2 days from home
We have installed clear plastic desk barriers, provide masks, gloves and hand sanitiser. Employee(s) also have the ability to divide their work time between home and office.
To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW to upload your CV and a covering letter.