Posted on Nov 14, 2020 by Beacon Hill Staffing Group
* This is a long-term contract for local candidates.*
Knowledge of OOP principles in PHP 5.x and greater are required
- Work collaboratively as part of a cross-functional team to plan, design, develop, and implement and maintain a visual style library for the content management system that showcases distinctive strengths in a dynamic and compelling way. Contribute constructively to office and team brainstorming, planning and implementation discussions. Facilitate interaction with colleagues, supervisor, university constituents outside UMC and vendors supporting the university's digital presence. Work with others through the development, configuration, migration, integration, testing and maintenance of Drupal websites. In collaboration with colleagues and supervisor, ensure that sites within the Drupal content management conform to university brand standards (including responsive design), federal law regarding accessibility, and UMC protocols for functionality and usability. Work with other members to establish web architectural standards and patterns. (50%)
- Build page layouts with content and blocks, build navigation with menus and toolbars, create content types, and perform code reviews. Develop custom integrations to bridge third party software. Translate technical information into specifications or action plans. Develop and produce documentation of web applications including requirements and design documents, code documentation, user documentation and other reports as needed. Assist in implementation and testing for new Drupal websites. Diagnose and correct any issues. (25%)
- Administer the university's Drupal content management system and associated web systems. Implement views, taxonomies. Ensure protection and security of data that is accessed, collected, or stored by web applications and databases. (25%)
Education: Bachelor's degree required, in IT-related field preferred.
Knowledge of OOP principles in PHP 5.x and greater.
- Fundamental knowledge of Gulp.
- Knowledge of Git or other version-control software.
- Understanding of command line (SSH, Drush, etc.).
Beacon Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Beacon Hill Technologies, a premier National Information Technology Staffing Group, provides world class technology talent across all industries on a contract, direct (permanent), contract-to-direct and project basis. Beacon Hill Technologies' dedicated team of recruiting and staffing experts consistently delivers quality IT professionals to solve our customers' technical and business needs.
Beacon Hill Technologies covers a broad spectrum of IT positions, including Project Management and Business Analysis, Programming/Development, Database, Infrastructure, Quality Assurance, Production/Support and ERP roles.
Learn more about Beacon Hill Staffing Group and our specialty divisions, Beacon Hill Associates, Beacon Hill Financial, Beacon Hill HR, Beacon Hill Legal, Beacon Hill Life Sciences and Beacon Hill Technologies by visiting our website.
We look forward to working with you.
Beacon Hill. Employing the Future
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.