AWS Cloud Engineer
Posted on Nov 14, 2020 by Parallel Consulting
Profile Cloud Engineer
We are looking for Cloud Engineers for both our Azure Operations team and AWS Operations team.
The common goal for all of our Cloud Engineers is to provide excellence in supporting clients as well as team members.
The successful Cloud Engineer will:
* Be a team player.
* Contribute to finding solutions between teams.
* Be a good communicator.
* Be pro-active in finding operational improvements (eg, automate repetitive tasks).
* Have a keen eye for detail.
As a Cloud Engineer, you should:
* Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
* Come up with solutions and improvements.
* Prioritise and manage incoming workloads.
* Always be looking for new and emerging technologies.
* Be somewhat familiar with SCRUM/AGILE frameworks.
* Be able to identify possible operational bottlenecks.
* Have some experience with either Azure or AWS
* Have Scripting skills (eg bash, powershell, python, Perl)
* Have some experience with automation/SaaS (eg, Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet)
* Have some experience with CI/CD (eg, CircleCI, Jenkins, Octopus, Azure DevOps)
* Specialisation in certain areas is a big plus.
* Reactive and pro-active technical application management for a set of online Web/eCommerce platforms, running in your respective cloud platform (AWS/Azure).
* Respond to incoming incidents reported by the customer or by monitoring systems and manage resolutions of said incidents.
* Carry out daily checks of client environments.
* Ensure backups are properly monitored.
* Normal working hours are 09:00 -> 17:00, but you may be asked to participate in shifts to ensure 08:00 - 18:00 coverage by the team.
* As a shift owner, you will be the primary contact to handle incoming incidents and you will need to process/allocate the tasks as necessary.
* Participate in the on-call shifts (outside business hours).
* Keep documentation up to date.
* Process software releases on existing environments.
* Assists with the design and/or build of new environments
Parallel Consulting is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.