Project Manager with large-scale software development Experience
Posted on Nov 14, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a Project Manager to implement and operate critical project management processes within PMLC guidelines and best practice. Assists in the development, creation and maintenance of project plans, artifacts and associated reporting. Assists with financial reporting and controls as directed. Works with other projects and PMs to integrate and manage project plans, tasks and reporting. Communicates formally and informally with project leadership as directed. Works independently with diverse groups to proactively identify and execute on areas where project tools, project process or project infrastructure can be used to facilitate better outcomes.
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- At least five, preferably seven years of medium to large-scale project experience in a project management role.
- At least five, preferably seven years of strong experience with project planning, resource planning, and work plan development, and project management processes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to gather and provide information effectively when under pressure, regardless of audience.
- Must be able to work well within a team environment and have exceptional collaboration skills with all levels of business and technical staff.
- Strong organization, planning, problem solving, and decision making skills. Comfortable prioritizing and managing multiple tasks with minimal direction.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Complete fluency in speaking and writing in the English language is required.
- Experience with multiple project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, LEAN)
- Preferred seven years of medium to large-scale project experience in a project management role.
- Preferred seven years of strong experience with project planning, resource planning, work plan development, and project management processes.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC) including: requirements gathering, design, development, testing, training, quality assurance, development methods/techniques, testing methods/techniques and implementation planning and execution.
- PMI certification preferred.
- Experience with enterprise project portfolio management development.
- Preferred experience with use of Workfront, Jira and Confluence.
- Preferred experience using SAFe Agile.
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".