Posted on Nov 13, 2020 by WDS Global Limited
Euro 500 per day
We are looking for a full time polyvalent Systems Engineer to join our team; the ideal candidate will play the role of Systems Engineer with a DevOps mentality and a reasonable command of infrastructure management, in the context of Security Operations in a highly technical IT Security unit within an EU Institution based in Luxembourg.
The open position is for a Linux system Engineer as a primary role, reasonable knowledge of Windows will be valued, general infrastructure management is desired for the position as well as a clear appreciation for automation, which would imply that scripting in diverse languages and reasonable knowledge of programming will come handy into the role.
The successful candidate will work in a team of system engineers who are responsible for full stack on-site DC with varied responsibilities, from servers, storage, virtualization, network to application layer both in Linux and Windows, all in the context of Security Operations.
The successful candidate must have good communication skills, and experience in collaborating effectively with other technical colleagues and with various teams both technical and not, and with different cultural backgrounds.
- Good knowledge of IT Security in particular, in the areas of security operations and incident response. Despite the candidate will not be part of SOC or IR teams, the experience is highly valuable in order to understand the core business of the unit.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Linux environments, with good knowledge of full lifecycle management of Linux servers.
- Reasonable knowledge of Windows environments.
- Reasonable knowledge on general infrastructure management: Virtualization, Storage, basic networking infrastructure management.
- Knowledge on integration and automation on a heterogeneous environment.
- Knowledge of SIEM technologies, their architecture, components and integrations with them. ArcSight and/or Splunk knowledge would be valuable
- Knowledge on Atlassian product suite (Jira and Confluence), knowledge on Elastic products and knowledge on cloud technologies and service models, preferably on AWS and/or Azure.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, systems engineering, computer science, computer engineering, information technology, management information systems or equivalent.
- Cybersecurity experience is required particularly in security operations and incident response areas.
- Security and/or development certifications are a plus but not required.
- Demonstrated capacity to document, maintain and perform comprehensible coding aligned to best practices.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and changes of scope and priority and make decisions and recommendations with limited data.
- Solid analytical/problem-solving skills with capability to identify solutions to unusual and complex problems.
- Willing to continually learn new technologies, languages and adapt to business needs.
- Able to document clearly and concisely in English.
- Good level of English (at least C1) spoken and written;
- Good level of French and other EU official language is a plus.