Technical Facilities Manager
Posted on Nov 12, 2020 by Round One Entertainment
Round One Entertainment is looking to hire a full-time, non-exempt Facility Manager.
The Facility Manager is primarily responsible for the operation and hands-on repair of pinsetters, pinspotters, automatic scoring machines, lanes and other facility equipment at the highest level of operating proficiency.
The Facility Manager is also responsible for all the operations and hands-on repair of an amusement arcade. His/her job is to oversee, manage, and maintain the arcade machines.
In addition, the Facility Manager assists with planning and budgeting for repairs and upgrades, and performs administrative, logistic or other duties as assigned. Travel may be required.
- (Required) Minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- (Preferred) Familiar with soldering and usage of hand tools.
- Previous technician experience at a bowling or game center is highly desirable.
- Strong operational skills with a focus on great time management.
- Ability to lead by example
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that bowling equipment is being serviced and maintained.
- Ensures that lane maintenance and repairs on bowling lanes, pinsetters, and other bowling related equipment are being conducted and maintained.
- Trains other mechanics in Brunswick machine area safety procedures and standards of operation for bowling equipment, building maintenance, and preventative maintenance programs.
- Ensures Brunswick operational compliance with appropriate laws and policies to include OSHA safety practices and procedures.
- Improves and updates current inventory system; keeps inventory current.
- Identifies and suggest repairs and replacements of malfunctioning bowling equipment with final approvals from General Manager or Sr. General Manager as appropriate.
- Updates the Brunswick preventative maintenance charts for the bowling center equipment as posted (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- Ensures high scoring lane conditions meet and align with USBC specifications.
- Must successfully complete the Brunswick mechanic training programs for the machine type in their assigned center, as well as any other training programs developed for their position.
- Ensures that amusement arcade games is being serviced and maintained.
- Responds to customer complaints of machine malfunction; analyzes the mechanism to find the root of the problem.
- Manages the installation, maintenance, and repairs both mechanical and circuitry issues in arcade game machines.
- Manages the transporting of machines and ensures machines are assembled using meters, electrical parts, hand tools, and soldering irons.
- Able to readily identify the most common problem with components like controls and audio systems.
- Obtains bids for regular and emergency repairs/maintenance of the facility in accordance with the budget proposal.
- Monitors and schedules regular maintenance of HVAC system, roof, plumbing system, electrical system, life/safety and other building systems.
- Performs other maintenance and repair tasks.
- Keeps a clean and organized workshop.
- Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays, as well as overtime to support business needs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows up to complete any assigned work.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to general management for solution.
- Maintains good communication with all employees and outside contacts.
- Complies and maintains confidentiality of all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area.
- Conducts alcohol and age restriction control in accordance with company policies.
- Must have the ability to soak up as much knowledge as he can during training.
- Must be mature and adaptable.
- Must possess a desire for teamwork.
- Ability to work on Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Good organizational and analytical skills are also important for being successful in this profession.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a bowling center/arcade environment where high levels of noise, dust and activity can be expected. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, stretch, twist, climb and have a high level of mobility/flexibility in small spaces.
The employee is required to stand and walk for extensive periods of time without breaks during busy times. In addition, the employee will need to be able to use their hands/fingers to handle and feel and reach with hands and arms.
Lifting and/or moving up to 100lbs with assistance is required.
Paid Time Off (PTO), Medical, Dental, and 401(K) with company matching.
The above job description identifies the essential job functions and skills needed by the person or persons assigned to this position.
These job functions and skills are not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The information contained herein is subject to change at the company's discretion.
Check out our Facebook (Search: Round1HQ), Instagram (Round1USA), and Twitter for more information!