L2 Support Analyst
Posted on Nov 12, 2020 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client, a Swiss Bank, we are looking for a L2 Support Analyst for a long term project in Zurich, Switzerland.
L2 Support Analyst
Overview of business area or project:
Production Support is an essential function within the bank. The GOS (Operations IT) production support team provides effective structured technical support for multiple Back Office applications. Based in Zürich, we are responsible for problem solving and root cause analysis for production issues. Support works closely with the application users, third party vendors, infrastructure teams, and other groups to provide an optimal level of support.
This role provides second level (L2) technical production support in the Back Office (Operations IT) division that hosts multiple business processing applications that are both in-house and vendor developed software platforms. These business applications processes trades and their life cycle, settlements, payment and client confirmations for various OTC Interest Rate Derivatives, Options, Credit and Equity derivatives.
- Provide timely and efficient technical hands-on L2 application support for various trade and settlement processing business applications built in-house or vendor product with different technologies listed below.
- Act as a liaison between business Operations users and various IT teams (App Development, Infrastructure etc.) on all support related queries.
- Daily monitoring of user queries, investigation of issues and providing timely response to internal business users.
- Ability to priorities system issues and user queries based on urgency and impact to business.
- Proactively seek to minimize potential application support problems through root cause analysis and monitoring.
- Take ownership and drive improvements to fix systems monitoring alerts and improve support processes.
- Understand and debug the logs and where required source code to find bugs and issues to be fixed by development teams (L3).
- Opportunity to learn and troubleshoot functional domain queries in OTC, Securities, FX products and flows.
- Provide onsite and remote users support for the various business functions supported.
- Provide out-of-hours support including weekend technical support on rotation and during system incident or events.
- Maintain effective communication to the internal/external clients to understand their application related issues/queries/problems.
- Acquire knowledge on the various applications, document the same where it does not exist and train the peers.
- The role will provide a long term career path within the organization and increased future responsibilities.
Overview of the department/team (team size, backgrounds, personalities ):
This role is part of a subset of L2 team which would support a set of applications by 4 members based in Switzerland and directly reporting to one of the lead. Most of the staff are have 5 to 10 years of IT experience in a banking environment. The team has a mix of strong technical and functional competencies. The team is part of immediate team/peer group of 10 members. Further the team is part of a wider group of L2 department of 150 to 200 staff, managers and lead working from different locations.
Challenges Contractor will be facing in this role:
We are in the process of decommissioning and replacing an existing application. While we are still supporting this application, the Contractor will need to take on the required knowledge from the team and learn the current processes. At the same time, we are onboarding the support of multiple new applications on distributed platforms so this knowledge needs to be acquired from other teams. We work closely and interact with a wide variety of other teams from IT, business and management so having communication skills are important.
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Five years combined IT experience in both software development and application support.
- Financial industry or equivalent experience will be added advantage.
- Excellent debugging, problem solving and analytical skills. Proficient in writing SQL queries, Unix commands and debugging procedures/functions.
Please apply online or contact Nadja directly.