Posted on Nov 11, 2020 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking Network Administrator for normal business hours 8-5pm Monday - Friday as well as on-call when needed. This position requires troubleshooting and problem resolution to maintain day-to-day network operations across the client.
- Assist in installing, configuring, upgrading, monitoring and maintaining the existing corporate voice, data and Firewall environments
- The Network Admin must be comfortable supporting & maintaining Legacy Cisco technology as well as new route, switch and security devices.
- Assist in troubleshooting and diagnosing any performance issues within the existing Cisco network. The current network includes VPN, MPLS, LAN & VLAN and VOIP environments across multiple locations.
- Administration of the network
- Handle network related systems and user-based escalations from the Help desk team
- Work with other departments and teams to assist and support them with network infrastructure projects, initiatives and needs
- Represent Network Infrastructure as part of any major incident response effort with other IT teams and affected business users
- Execute POCs and Cloud placement/Cloud fit studies to help organization to make better business decisions in leveraging Cloud technologies for next-generation product innovation
- Actively facilitate and drive Cloud technology decisions within the organization and drive "Cloud First" strategy.
- Utilize networking to move database from on-premise to the cloud
- Prepare documentation and architectural design
- Follow through to bring all network outages and problems to conclusion in a quick and efficient manner
- 5+ year's cumulative network experience; including network and security administration.
- Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Azure IaaS such as Firewalls, virtual machines and networking
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP Networking, routing protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS).
- Firewall security management, IPS/IDS, DLP, network vulnerability scanning (internal/external), SIEM, data encryption, and two factor authentication.
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in all aspects of cloud computing (compute, storage, platforms, data and security) with a proven track-record in implementing large scale cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of ITIL core processes.
- Thorough knowledge of advanced networking switching and routing technology.
- Thorough knowledge of Firewall technology and network security.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Routers, Switches, wireless, and voice.
- Advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN infrastructure protocols
- Comfortable and productive working independently with minimal direct supervision
- Customer service skills are essential
Additional skills, preferred but not required:
- Experience setting up and managing VOIP systems
- Hands-on troubleshooting experience
- Low stress work environment
- Promote from within
- Flexible start times
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.