Data Researcher (x3)
Posted on Nov 11, 2020 by Carterwood
Are you a flexible, resourceful individual looking for a role where you can make a real impact?
Quality data is the fuel our business runs on; it powers the services and software we provide to our clients. In order to make our market intelligence products even better (and to help bring some top-secret new products on-stream!) we want to hire three new team members to assist in the sourcing, collating and management of diverse datasets as part of Carterwood's analyst team.
If you've got a head for numbers and want to join an entrepreneurial business where you are truly valued, then this role is for you. We will provide a structured training programme that will give you fundamental skills in data research.
Carterwood is a multi-award-winning consultancy dedicated to social care. Our team of specialists provide independent, expert analysis that helps operators, developers, and investors to improve decision-making within the elderly care home and older people's housing sectors.
As well as market-leading advisory services, Carterwood provides a digital platform for assessing care markets, called Carterwood Analytics. This powerful Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform gives subscribers access to high-level data for over 1.6 million postcodes across Great Britain, saving significant time in assessing and monitoring local care markets.
As a business, we pride ourselves on our two core values - do it right and do it fast - which drive our delivery of market-leading services and software to clients. As a team, we prize original thinking, entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to innovate and challenge the norm.
● Undertaking daily and routine data checks in our inhouse database and Excel
● Data collection from external sources
● Conducting online research and undertaking research for fee earning work
● Competitor research
● GIS - assisting with data cleaning and preparation of maps
● Running simple SQL queries using pre-prepared scripts
● Checking the integrity of our suppliers' data and cross referencing multiple sources of data
● Working alongside our data analysts to ensure the accuracy of any analysis
● Telephone-based research, including on a mystery shopper basis
● Reviewing and updating CRM and social media contacts
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Highly computer literate, with experience working in Excel and Word documents.
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent numerical skills
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and maintain accuracy
- Positive attitude, personable approach and the ability to work well within a team
- Conscientious approach to work
- Proven ability to prioritise and work autonomously on large tasks and deal with changing priorities
- A competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days in addition to 8 bank holidays
- A day off for your birthday
- Flexible working policy
- A commitment to wellness at work including annual flu vaccinations and Employee Assistance Programme
- Social events and celebration of success and special occasions (spontaneous half-days aren't unheard of!)
We are committed to equality of opportunity and diversity, and welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, marital or family status, religious belief, disability, age, race, nationality or sexual orientation.
Why work for us?
Our unique workplace environment has made us one of Property Week's 'Best Places to Work in Property' 2018 and 2019 and South Gloucestershire's 'Happiest Workplace' 2018.
As you'll see in our list of employee benefits above, we care about our team as much as we care about our clients.
If you share our values of 'do it right' and 'do it fast', you should find a career at Carterwood deeply fulfilling.
Home based but within commuting distance of Aztec West, Bristol
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB NOW to submit your CV, along with a covering letter detailing why you want to work for us and why you think you would be a great candidate for the role.
Please see a link to our Applicant Privacy Notice .
Closing date Friday 20th November 2020.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates individually. If you do not hear back from us within 14 days then your application is not being progressed. We thank you for considering Carterwood as a future employer and wish you well in your job search.
No agencies please.