High Voltage Systems Engineer
Posted on Nov 11, 2020 by PSH Operations
We have an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join our rapidly growing Team based in Colchester, Essex.
PSH Operations is a dynamic, fast paced environment looking for enthusiastic team members who want to succeed and grow with the company. PSH Operations invest and develop all staff offering long term career opportunities and an exciting working environment. PSH has a large portfolio of ground-mount solar and we are continually looking into new technologies and growing our already talented, experienced team.
The role of High Voltage Systems Engineer is primarily concerned with the operational effectiveness of the High Voltage Systems across the PSH solar portfolio. The role will require engagement on operation, maintenance and repair of high voltage apparatus and ancillary devices. To accomplish this the role requires interaction with key internal persons, external contractors and suppliers/manufacturers.
- Document management of maintenance reports for HV apparatus
- Reporting on the health of the HV Systems
- Project management of works associated with remedial and replacement tasks of HV apparatus
- Engagement with key internal persons and third parties to identify solutions to problems affecting HV apparatus.
- Compilation and production of remedial works quotations for use by PSH commercial team
- Development and maintenance of relationships with contractors, suppliers and manufacturers
- Assessment of high voltage apparatus in line with company practice for "on-boarding" purposes
- Carry out operation of the HV Systems as required from time to time.
- Completing and closing issues on the HV Maintenance Tracker.
- Ongoing training and development for
- HV support for PSH field technicians
- Control Engineer duties
- A strong, evidence based, experience of works involving operation, maintenance and repair / replacement of HV apparatus
- High level of technical knowledge around switchgear, cables, battery systems and protection relays.
- Demonstratable effective communication skill's both oral and written.
- High levels of organisation skill
- Ability to manage multiple tasks whilst retaining explicit detail and focus on each
- An aptitude to recognise commercial impact of engineering-based works and notify internal parties
- A strong positive mental attitude
As well as the salary, we offer 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, Death in Service benefit, enhanced pension scheme and companywide bonus scheme.
Why work for us?
PSH are committed to looking after all employees. We believe in giving everyone the opportunity to grow with the company and offer development to all. If you are looking for a long-term career with a dynamic, forward thinking organisation then you could be the right role for you and we would like to hear from you.
If you have not heard back after 2 weeks from your application, unfortunately you have not been successful in making the next stage of our recruitment process.
Please follow the link to see what we do with the data you provide when you apply for this vacancy: