Unix Engineer - Switzerland
Posted on Nov 11, 2020 by Flint Consulting Limited
Flint is looking for a UNIX Engineer working partly remotely partly on-site in Switzerland, able to understand storage issues and hypervisors on AIX systems with native virtualization, Redhat Linux, or Windows x86 systems on VMWare; nice to have experience as a system integrator; experience on hard Kernel configuration required. Required ability to work on CI/CD tools and pipelines to bring defined configurations to CI/CD chain (which include Jenkins tool)
- Deep understanding of X86 compute and Storage (fiber and iSCSi)
- Track record working with x86 virtualization technologies in particular VMWare products
- Proven experience working within Linux in Enterprise environments, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux derivatives
- Familiar with ISO27001 policies and procedures for information risk management.
- Knowledge of key cybersecurity solutions and procedures such as IPS, AV controls, Penetration testing, hardening procedures and monitoring SIEM.
- Good knowledge of networking, and IP network technologies, Hypervisor
- Knowledge of industry best practice and vendor landscape for security solutions
- Experience of MS Active Directory or Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop deployments.
- Good level of understanding, ability and leadership in their technical domain as specified in the Domain: IT Datacenters
- Use of NSX for microstate Firewalling and security profiles Expertise in administering and troubleshooting of UNIX Operating Systems. (HPUX 11.23/11.31, Solaris 9/10, RedHat Linux 5/6/7, Oracle Linux 5/6/7, Ubuntu, VMware ESX 3.5/4/5 and Oracle VM Virtualization 3.x.x).
- Provide support for multiple Data centers
- Disaster recovery operations and maintain 24/7 systems availability to meet the Business Unit SLA.
- Hands-on knowledge of Software Containerization platforms like Docker and Containers orchestration tools like Kubernetes and Docker Swarm.
- Experience in Designing, Implementing and Configuring of Disaster Recovery Site.
- Complete knowledge of Networking and communication devices, protocols TCP/IP & software that includes NFS, DNS.
- Experience with Server Side technologies such as Apache, Ngnix.
- Experience with continuous Integration system such as Jenkins.
- Experience working Red Hat Satellite 6, Foreman
- Use of automation products similar to Puppet, Ansible
- German Speaker an advantage
Apply for immediate Interview.
Flint is a supplier of services to the ICT Industry