Posted on Nov 10, 2020 by Caspian One Ltd
As a Software Engineer for the Services Platform you are expected to build and evolve a variety of custom software and hardware solutions that enable these products and ensure their future growth and viability from an architectural and technical perspective. These components will in-turn have a direct and tangible impact on the bottom line of all products and business areas that depend on them.
The Services Platform is predominantly a system composed of numerous microservices built on open source technologies. We pride ourselves on leveraging modern tools and technologies that best solve our business problems.
The technology stack that is in place today utilizes the likes of:
- Java, Scala and Golang for general purpose programming
- Apache Cassandra and TimescaleDB for data storage
- Apache Kafka for streaming and distribution
- React for UI development
- Google Protocol Buffers for serialization
- HDFS, Apache Hive, Apache Spark for scalable analytics
- Graphite, Grafana and DataDog for metrics
- Linux as the operating system
- EnvoyProxy for network services.
Roadmap & Responsibilities
A Software Engineer will contribute to the design and development of a variety of tools and technologies that are part of our streaming data infrastructure which includes market observable quotes distribution, synthetic quote generation, pricing engine grids, and distribution of events to a variety of user interfaces.
These are components where performance and scalability really count and they are heavily relied on by some of the most utilized products on the Veritas Platform namely Transparency Pricing (electronic trading), Transparency Trader (Real Time risk), and Transparency Dealer (quoting).
Software Engineers take part in the development and design of new features and components as we continue to broaden the scope of the platform to other product areas and will ensure that the technical infrastructure continues to scale with the ever-increasing demands of the business for years to come.
- 3+ years of experience
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Proficient in asynchronous and concurrent programming
- Solid understanding of various approaches to data storage
- Strong network programming experience
- Experience building large scale distributed systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Solid understanding of test-driven development and familiarity with best-of-breed tools and technologies
- In-depth understanding of the Linux operating system
Desired Interpersonal Skills
- Takes great personal pride in building robust software
- Strong sense of ownership
- Passionate about programming and computer science
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has strong customer focus
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£99.4k - £108k Annual
£58.7k - £67.8k Annual
£451 - £515 Daily
£361 - £406 Daily
£40.7k - £49.7k Annual
£36.1k - £40.7k Annual
£271 - £361 Daily
£271 - £316 Annual