Biosample Laboratory Associate
Posted on Nov 10, 2020 by ITech Consult
Biosample Laboratory Associate - laboratory informatics systems, data processing (LIMS, Excel), sample handling and processing laboratory environment.
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Basel we are looking for a Biosample Laboratory Associate. The Biosample Lab Associate (BLA) is responsible for performing activities and processes related to the tracking, inventory, storage, sample processing, and transport of biological samples for clinical and non-clinical trials. The BLA works under the direction of the Sr. BLAs, and supervision & guidance of the Lab Head or Biosample Operations Lab Supervisor to ensure that lab activities fulfil customer needs while achieving operational excellence in quality, service level, cost and compliance.
Areas of responsibility:
- Following all applicable controlled documents (eg SOPs, working instructions, and working documents), all relevant sample handling, storage, and sample processing activities, while adhering GCP lab guidelines and local health & safety rules
- Freezer management activities (eg temperature monitoring, issue logs, maintenance, monitoring freezer space & organization)
- Managing samples according to protocol requirements and BRM Operations best practices.
- Setting up and preparing outbound shipping requests and related documents within agreed timelines and according to the applicable transport regulations.
- Distribution of samples to internal lab and the tracking of confirmation of delivery sample shipments to external analytical laboratories.
- Conducting manual and/or automated sample aliquoting for various sample types, eg serum/plasma/urine/DNA/RNA.
- Conducting DNA/RNA extraction activities from various clinical sample types
- Conducting in-process QC methods to assess quality of samples
Professional and technical requirements:
- Minimum: Associate Degree in science or equivalent recognized qualification and/or 2-3 years of experience in similar sample handling and processing laboratory environment
- Demonstrated experience working in a laboratory managing clinical or non-clinical samples
- Knowledge of the collection, processing, storage requirements for different sample types
- Experience in communication with vendors, customers and peers
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently and manage multiple competing priorities
- Requires attention to detail, and accuracy in data entry, while maintaining study timelines
- Good level of initiative and the ability to work independent and manage multiple competing priorities with minimal guidance
- Computer skills in laboratory informatics systems and data processing (LIMS, Excel)
Nice to Haves:
- Good theoretical and practical understanding of nucleic acid handling and analysis
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Good organizational, multitasking, and prioritization skills
- Team player with demonstrated good interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships within functional area
- Customer oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
Reference no: 919815 AD
Role: Biosample Laboratory Associate
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Start date: 18.01.2021
Duration: until 31.12.2021
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.