Cloud Solutions Architect for Data & Analytics
Posted on Nov 10, 2020 by Michael Bailey Associates - Zurich
My client is looking to hire a Cloud Solutions Architect for their Data and Analytics technology services in Zurich.
- You are part of the Data & Analytics team. Together with the team, you will provide modern Data & Analytics consulting services to external clients. You help customers to transform and develop their businesses by enabling them to adopt Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Platforms and visualization tools.
- You work closely with the technical experts, architects and business stakeholders of our clients to align technical solutions to their corporate business needs and vision.
- You drive Cloud Data Platform & Advanced Analytics technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or MVPs.
- You design public, private and hybrid cloud architectures and provide/assess solutions using your practical and theoretical knowledge.
- You support agile project teams by providing architectural planning and guidance as a subject matter expert but also with hands-on implementations.
- You evaluate emerging technologies, architectural patterns, and open source initiatives to advance our clients' enterprise architectures and develop new products and services.
- You document and build consensus around critical architecture decisions and convey architecture direction to business partners, engineers, and leadership.
- You are experienced (at least 5 years) in designing and articulating enterprise data architectures as well as in solutions engineering to contextualize requirements for cloud-based D&A solutions.
- You have a prior work experience in Pharma, Life Sciences or Financial Services.
- You have profound knowledge and multiple years of experience as a solution architect for Data & Analytics solutions in complex enterprise environments.
- You either have a proven track record of designing and implementing end-to-end Business Intelligence solutions.
- You have a profound knowledge of ETL and BI tools (PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau), or in-depth experience with services of major cloud platforms (ideally Azure & AWS), container orchestration (eg, managed Kubernetes), and pipeline management (eg, Gitlab, Terraform)
- You have proven experience in two or more of the following Data & Analytics topics: SQL, NoSQL databases, Data Integration (eg Data Factory, Talend, Informatica), Big Data and Data Warehouses (eg Synapse, Redshift, Snowflake), Data Lakes (eg ADLS, S3, dremio, Delta Lake), Advanced Analytics (eg Data Bricks, Spark, Hive, Dataiku), BI platforms (eg PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau), Data governance (cataloguing, lineage, MDM) and/or AI (eg ML, NLP, deep learning, vision).
- You have experience with one or more of the following low-code technologies: Power Apps, Power Automate and Logic Apps.
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.